Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do I instal an imobiliser

Kirah

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl commodore
Hi guys,
I've been trying to figure out how to instal an imobiliser into my vl can't find any good info or videos want the simple run down on how it works and what to do any help would be appreciated thanks

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
reading the instructions that come with your specific immobiliser and the vl wiring diagram should be all you need. Post up a diagram of what you have and the vl wiring diagram and we'll have a reckon on how to connect wire it in.

Last edited:

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
For a basic immobiliser you will need to access the wiring to the ignition switch, One wire from the immobiliser will need to be tapped into the constant power wire and another to the ignition circuit, there will be a couple ground wires that will need to be earthed. Generally there will be 2 immobiliser circuits, Find the ignition out and starter wire from the switch and cut them and they will be joined into the immobilisers harness. You will also have an led light to mount in the dash somewhere.

There are 3 styles of immobilisers to disarm the unit. key tag, transponder and remote.
Key tag is where you physically touch a key tag to a receiver you mount you your dash (these suck), Transponder which has a little plastic unit that hangs off your key ring and disarms the immobiliser when it comes close to the antenna which usually goes around your key barrel (I like these) And remote where you push a button on a key ring tag (usually good if your car has central locking)