Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do I install a window?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
I managed to get the door trim off and only broke a few clips doing so. I have no window to remove as it has been smashed, I was wondering if anyone could lead me through the steps of installing my new window. It's the rear left window on a vr. All help would be great.

darcycammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did have VS Berlina now have VT Berlina
is it a power window? and witch window are you doing?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Have a look at these instructions.

darcycammo, you should read the posts before you ask questions, he has already told you it's the rear left window !!!

Attachments

• Rear Window Glass.jpg
    Rear Window Glass.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 249
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Window is fitted thanks to the instructions, thanks for the help 4 BlackVXGTS. It's good to get some decent advise for once.

Bouyahbb

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
Any instructions for vn front passenger window install? I'm stuck trying to get both the scissor bits in the window clamps???

Mikecaprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq caprice v8 vq v8 vs ss man
Any instructions for vn front passenger window install? I'm stuck trying to get both the scissor bits in the window clamps???
Window reg about 2/3 to 3/4 the way down slip on the rear one first then pivot the other arm around slide towards the front slip arm in pushing the window towards the outer door skin
looking down in where the glass sits get the front and rear of the glass into the frame in a counter clock wise rotation
Hold the front of the window with you right-hand then you can slip the rear door retainer on the other end and bolt into the door

Bouyahbb

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
So your saying pull the scissor mechanism out of the door to do this?

Mikecaprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq caprice v8 vq v8 vs ss man
No to get the glass to slide on to the regulator arms the window regulator needs to be wound about 3/4 the way down as if there was a window in there to give you access and sufficient room to get the window back into the window frame after you have the glass back on the window regulator arms