Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do I install genuine cruise control on a vs executive?

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
There is only one factory hole for the CC module - you need to drill the second hole. Take care installing and adjusting the second brake switch. You seem to have all the parts required.

Has that been a problem for some in the past has it ?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Has that been a problem for some in the past has it ?

I guess you mean the CC brake switch - this has a habit of loosening off after you install it to the bracket and usually needs to be readjusted a few times ------- I hope you grabbed the spring clip mount which the CC brake switch fits into. Unless you have this, the switch will not stay in position.

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
I guess you mean the CC brake switch - this has a habit of loosening off after you install it to the bracket and usually needs to be readjusted a few times ------- I hope you grabbed the spring clip mount which the CC brake switch fits into. Unless you have this, the switch will not stay in position.

Is that the spring clip you are talking about ?

2011-08-16220409.jpg

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
That's the baby. It fits in a pretty sloppy fashion which you will discover.

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
Ok guys I installed the new cruise stalk but I can not locate the connection to plug it in under the dash were do I have to look to find it ?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
When you remove the top shroud from the column you should see it tucked away on the top left side near the wiper arm.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
When you remove the top shroud from the column you should see it tucked away on the top left side near the wiper arm.
Do they all have it ??

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Do they all have it ??

I'm pretty sure that if the wiring and connector for the cruise module is found under the bonnet, then the wiring for the stalk will be there, along with the extra brake switch connector. I know there are exceptions where factory cruise has to be wired separately but don't know why some do and some don't even though they are base level execs.

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
I am in the middle of installing the cruise control now but I am having an issue with the linkage please look at the image and tell me what is wrong this is for a 1993 VR Commodore.

2e8e8c88.jpg

3a17ce9f.jpg

32fc8947.jpg

It's not operating like it should it is getting stuck on the plate.

PS. I have the wiring all hooked up now but not sure if it works no light comes on in the dash to tell me it's on I know the globe is there ??? the brake switch was confusing as well and there was no right or wrong way to connect it either unless it does not matter ???

Last edited: