Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do I lock my VF2 at the beach?

Rikes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Hope this isn't a silly question, but my dilemma is this:
My VF2 has keyless entry and start.
If I go surfing what do I do with the key?
If I hide it under the car, the key being near the car allows the doors to be open.
I can't take the "$350.00" key into the water.

Can anyone think of a reasonable solution?

With my VT2 I had a blank key (no remote) that I could put in my shorts pocket. Just used it to open doors and kept remote key in glove box. Can't do that with the new VF2 due to the passive entry.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Is it possible to lock the key-fob in the car, using the other physical key?

If so, get a copy of the key cut; this copy will unlock the door & nothing else, being non-electronic it can be tied to the scungees. Then you lock the key-fob in the car using that key. Had the same problem with the VS.

Last edited:

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
Lol, I left mine in my pockets and then in the washing machine the other day by accident... no worries, still works fine haha!

vk2him

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I've got the VF1 wth passive entry - I put my key in Surflock Surf Lock - Car Key Security Padlock and attach it to the towbars chain holes - the key is far enough away that the doors lock and won't open. Not sure if the VF2 is the same?

Hammer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportwagon
putting the key near the boot will allow boot to open. If it's a wagon then they can get in car, if it's a sedan than they'll just be able to get into boot.

Having be key at the tow bar may be far enough away for the doors to not unlock. Try it.

I know if I've got the key on drivers side and mrs goes to open her door (passenger) it won't open.

ve safari

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR, VE SV6
putting the key near the boot will allow boot to open. If it's a wagon then they can get in car, if it's a sedan than they'll just be able to get into boot.

Having be key at the tow bar may be far enough away for the doors to not unlock. Try it.

I know if I've got the key on drivers side and mrs goes to open her door (passenger) it won't open.

Can you hide the key in the boot somewhere far away enough from the doors to just let you access the boot only?

ve safari

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR, VE SV6
Ask me on Friday when I get my new car!