Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do I permanently disable the annoying driver alerts?!?

Dark Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SSV Redline Wagon
Hi all,

Owner of an SSV Redline Wagon who is at his wits end with this.

How do I permanently disable the chimes that loudly interrupt the radio when I am approaching a speed camera/school zone/railway crossing?

I can turn them off through Config > Nav Settings > Driver Alerts however this only lasts until I turn the car off. I'm sick of doing it for every single trip for both sets of keys.

Thoughts?

PS. This wasn't an issue until the car was recently serviced and MyLink upgraded.

Scaven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFii SSV Redline
Hi all,

Owner of an SSV Redline Wagon who is at his wits end with this.

How do I permanently disable the chimes that loudly interrupt the radio when I am approaching a speed camera/school zone/railway crossing?

I can turn them off through Config > Nav Settings > Driver Alerts however this only lasts until I turn the car off. I'm sick of doing it for every single trip for both sets of keys.

Thoughts?

PS. This wasn't an issue until the car was recently serviced and MyLink upgraded.

I had the same thing happen to my car when they updated the Mylink. The end result was the update wasn't done properly and had to be fixed so it would keep it's settings when the car was turned off etc.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
The instructions below were posted by Envious Customs some time ago:

"Right. I’ve managed to replicate the problem on bench setup.
The last step is meant to be clear and reset radio. I didn't do that step on a mylink here and it seems to be going back to 'default' options on ignition cycle even after changing settings.

So to do the clear and reset radio:
Go into config, radio settings, software versions menu, and then select the 'clear and reset radio' option.

This is meant to be done by the dealer after every update. I just did the clear and seems to be holding changes now."