Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do i put a cold air induction kit in my 95 vr acclaim ??????

All style

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore VR Acclaim 1995
I am thinking of bying a cold air induction kit for my 95 VR ACCLAIM its got to big mods ( in engien ) all i have done to it is plugs and leads k&n pannal filter, so i asked some 1 elce what i could do and he told me a cold air induction kit is the best way, from a vs so i have hade i look at a few diffrent pics of cold air induction kits and i was wondering do i just rip the other cover off stopping you seeing the raditor and fan then replace it with the cold air induction kit ? all so dose the air get sucked through that into the box then into my stock air intake kit ??

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
you can get over the radiator type CAI kits that feed into your stock box, problem with that is the radiator in slow city driving will make things worse heating up the air going in, the best cai ive seen in teh mace ones which replace the whole intake box in the corner for a new bigger one with a pod inside, but really unless your doing Rockers, exhaust, cam type mods it's a waste of money, the stock one flows plenty enough.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Are you looking at something like this:
IMG_5011.jpg

Its in a VK and its not an ecotec but you get the idea, my CAI is off a VS Super 6 i do believe and i dont see any reason it would fit straight into your VS.

Z2TT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
I was always told that it makes a very big difference in the 3.8 Engines cold air intake even with stock..... or does this only apply to the ecotec and not buick?

All style

Reaction score
Members Ride
i dont know i might just put it on and see what happends thanks =]

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
i was always told that it makes a very big difference in the 3.8 engines cold air intake even with stock..... Or does this only apply to the ecotec and not buick?

the cai does make the car go better with other things like 2/12 inch exch.extracters, alone im not to sure how much extra kw power you will get.i had the lot done to my late vs ute and that thing went hard went you wanted it to and was nice and peacfull when it had to be....plus its was lowered and it handled fantastic( like it was on rails) then again that had nolathain strut brace,bushes.pedder low shocks and a lot more stuff i cant think of at the momment.....thats was a dream ute in regards to handling.....cai is just 1 of a few things thats a stepping stone to more kw out of the v6...cheers and have a great new year

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Last edited:

All style

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks guys

if i was to work a way out to put both on (holden ss CAI and mase) bye running CAI in to mace would that be good and would it work ?

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
thay say as much air as you can get in helps? as for putting both on thats way out of my league. but thay do say the more air going INTO THE ENG gives help TO MORE more BHP/KW COMMING out so it make sence, HOPE IT ALL WORKS IUT WELL. GOOD LUCK