Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do I re progam keyless entry remote?

grassy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh slx
Hi I have just bought a VT wagon and have bought a second central locking remote, two button type. Is there anyway I can program it myself or do I have to get a dealer or auto electricin to do it?

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
holden can do it between $15 - $35 while you wait but ive herd of places like mr mint programming keys for a cheap fee and dont need the car personally ive always gone to holden to get it done then if i have trouble i take it straight back but people seem to have a pretty good sucess rate with other methods

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I was told yesterday keys can only be reprogramed once?
I only have 1 key and my dad has 3 so i was hoping to be able to reprogram one of his and use that, but according to holden i cant :(

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Miss-E said:
I was told yesterday keys can only be reprogramed once?
I only have 1 key and my dad has 3 so i was hoping to be able to reprogram one of his and use that, but according to holden i cant :(
That is correct, you can program a new key remote but you can't reprogram an old one. I only have one key and 2 old keys from when I changed my BCM. The old key heads are useless.