Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do i remove a Vn Door handle?

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
needa know for my prep job on sanding my car back, going to try the rustoleum technique ive seen online, it can be resanded back for a proper spray if all doesnt go peachy.

So a how to remove the door handle would be handy thanks guys!

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
needa know for my prep job on sanding my car back, going to try the rustoleum technique ive seen online, it can be resanded back for a proper spray if all doesnt go peachy.

So a how to remove the door handle would be handy thanks guys!

With the inside of the door exposed and using a flat blade screw driver the U shaped spring bar/clip slides sideways off the back of the handle.

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
ohhh mannn....cmon green dnt tell me that lol, that means i gotta take off the door interiors *sigh* well im painitng my car so...ohh actually theyd look fair kewl white ey...wat u recon mate?

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
buy yourself some loctite 406 so you can glue the lil plastic bits back on cos some will definately come off.
its about $25 a bottle so after you finish using it put it in the fridge

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
wild,
i only just redid my interior doors bout 3wks ago lol and had to reglue them back on then with the last of the glue i had, just a pain thats all lol

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
what glue did you use? i tried everything from sikaflex to a hot glue gun, loctite has been the bast so far

Gordy194243

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN Commodore. Series 1
With the inside of the door exposed and using a flat blade screw driver the U shaped spring bar/clip slides sideways off the back of the handle.
Does the bar/slide clip come all the way off or does it just move sideways a bit. I cant get mine to come all the way off. Help.

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
All the way off

Gordy194243

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN Commodore. Series 1
All the way off
You say all the way off. How do you get it all the way off. On my VN it slides forwards about 15/20 mm. You are my last resort as you have done it before. Is there a trick to it. Your advice will be greatly appreciated. Kind regards. Gordy194243