Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do I- remove BCM ZV '04

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
Can someone give clear instruction how to remove the BCM on an '04 VZ V6 Exec sedan and how does the fusebox come out. Thanks.
>>>>>>>>OOOOKKKKKAAAYYY<<<<<<<<< I just found out the BCM is actually just above the brake pedal not near the fuse box...... firstly remove a black plastic cover above the pedal and the BCM is a long rectangular grey box about 200mm x 75mm wide with four main plugs connected to it. remove the plugs THEN yank downwards. It has BCM written on it and mine has "MID" also on it. Others may have low or high on them.
The fuse box doesnt need to be removed at all. The BCM can just be seen if you lie on the floor and look up right next to the Go pedal with a torch.
Good luck.

Last edited:

AlishaG

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Acclaim
hang on, i thought the bcm was in the kick panel on the passenger side or am i mistaken? sorry confused now

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
The BCM is most definetely above the kick panel directly above foot pedals.

You typically cannot just rip it downwards as it got plastic lug/clips that the BCM clips into to hold it, there you may break it.

muzammil.i13

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore vz 2006 (Chevrolet lumina 2006)
Mine is left hand drive VZ so my bcm is on the passenger’s side