Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how do i remove sparkplugs in 2000 barina

mattyr82

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 colorado diesel 4wd automatic. 2010 mazda 3
anyone know? these are totally diff to anything ive changed before. they have a chrome cylinder with 2 notches surrounding each plug and a plastic cap thing over each one, this plastic thing has a bit of give, i mean it kind of pivots on top of each plug.
im guessing u rip this thing off then put a screwdriver between the notches of the chrome cylinder thing and unscrew them to get to the sparkplugs, but i want to make sure so i dont fork anything on my uncles car.
also i googled it and come up with one called car forums from USA, u should see them climb into a newbie who asked how to change plugs in his 300zx, a fair few choice words were exchanged and they even brought out the links to some she-man sites, theres one guy on there who thinks he is the smartest mech in the universe, he knows everything(hint sarcasm) lmfao.:D

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
You should take a really good pic and post it.

I'm pretty sure all spark plugs are the same (hex nut, porcelin bit, contact bit)... you just have to uncover it.

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt clubsport replica
cant say ive seen a 2000 models engine bay, but been intop of the head i think that its got coil packs ontop of each plug (this plastic thing) so at a guess ud pull these off and it will reveal the plugs

-Junior-

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn auto
cant say ive seen a 2000 models engine bay, but been intop of the head i think that its got coil packs ontop of each plug (this plastic thing) so at a guess ud pull these off and it will reveal the plugs

Correct. The coil pack is a one piece unit that covers all plugs and has a connector on the pass side. 5 or 6 torx bolts and it will come up with a LITTLE wiggle. Plugs are at the bottom of the tubes.

mattyr82

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 colorado diesel 4wd automatic. 2010 mazda 3
i tried to upload pic, but file mus be to big. i think this site allows less than 1 mb, anyone got a 1 or 2 megapixel cam.lol (maybe something for admin to look into)
they arnt on top of the head, i think thats the dohc my uncles is sohc 1.4 se motor and they go in on 45 degree angle on the front between exhaust manifold.
i think you are refurring to cop's coil on plugs, this motor has an ignition module with separate wires(not high tension leads) going to each plug, there is no one big coil bolted over the whole thing.
im just not sure whether the plastic things pull off or slide off, and i dont wont to break anything.
workin on it 2mro, if i cant figure it out, might take a pic on my phone.:thumbsup: