Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how do i remove the harmnice balancer

VNCommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 3.8
i have a series 1 vn which dosent need a puller but how do i remove it i took of the belt and with a socket try and remoce the pulley but is spins with the socket so how do i stop it without doing any damage

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
there's a few tricks, some of which are quite dangerous....

have you tried a breaker bar, with a real long pipe on the end of it, putting the car in like 5th or park in an auto, then pulling real damn hard on the pipe till it turns?

I did mine in 5th with a sidchrome ratchet with a street sign post on the end of it, pulled on the post real hard, the bolt undid a little bit, ratchet mechanism broke, and i went flying back into another car then landed ass on the ground hehe!

the other, silly and quite dangerous method is get breaker and pipe, rest it nice and tough against the ground, and turn the motor over with the starter... this didn't work for me because the bolt was too tight, but i don't recommend this method as it can be potentially dangerous.

R

Reggie

hey there i'm a big fan of the breaker bar against the ground trick. it works, other then that , in a vn you have just enough room to fit a rattle gun.
so long as you use a single hex socket and the breaker bar is against the ground, just give the key a tiny flick of the switch it will crack it most of the time. make sure no one stands near it (just in case) make sure it is on the passenger side of the engine bay. good luck

H

HATER VP

Sometimes the bolts require heat. Other times ive had to remove the exhaust manifold, remove the starter motor, lock the ring gear and use a long breaker bar.

VNCommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 3.8
cheers guys the breakerbar worked a charm. i couldnt fiure out however how to tighten it back up to its reckmend torque so i did as tight as i could by hand im scared its gonna fall of now:unsure:

H

HATER VP

Then swing past a mechanic and get them to check it for you. They SHOULDNT charge for that. I know i wouldnt