Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do I take the front door panels off a VR?

J

jrennie21

Can anyone help me? I have tried to take off the front door panels on my VR, but i cant get it past the lock. everything else unscrews fine, but im buggered if i know how to take it off completly. help! please! :confused:

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
panels,

If yoru talking about the interior panels you gave to flick the red tab out with a very fine flathead screwdrive and unhook the lockign rod from the door lock.

hope it helps

J

jrennie21

yeah it is the interior panels. sorry, forgot to mention that bit. ill give that a try and see how i go. thanks heaps

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
you have to remove all the screws under the door pod

take off the air ducts by putting screwdriver blade on side and gently prize the vents out, once they are out there are three screws in the cavity to remove.

take off door handle by removing long cover on handle take out 2 screws inside handle.

remove window winder there is a circlip wich you push out with small screwdriver if you dont have the propper tool, then just pull it off.

remove wiring conector for mirror remote (drivers door only)

pull panel out slightly from door untill you feel where the push clips are then slowly prise the clips out of the holes.

then push panel up to remove.

hope that helps