Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do i tell the difference between a VF Evoke or SV6?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Calais also has the blue cluster and mylink screen.. It looks to me like a complete Calais interior including seats, door trims and entire dash.

yeah i know the calais has blue but it was sold as a "sv6" which is red and the dash cluster and mylink need the vin programmed into them so they work.
if you combine that and the fact it has the 3.0l which is only found on the evoke/international i would say it is an evoke/international with original cluster and mylink with the interior parts out of a calais and ss(wrecker parts interior).

the big problem for the op is that if it was a private sale there is not much he can do about it because the consumer guarantee does not apply to private vehicle sales.
if it was bought from a dealer then the op can take it back for a full refund because it was sold under misleading advertising and if the op had of known it was an evoke he would not have bought it.

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Because let's say you got an evoke with a nice interior that drives perfectly, rather than a SV6 which you thought you were getting, but obviously didn't notice any lack of power or other features,

What if ? It is genuine, it was a special order Evoke/Berlina for somebody within GMH, or a dealer, who had enough influence to do a one off.
Strange combination if it was.
OP can either feel ripped off and aggrieved if he bought a SV6 for a SV6 price, or happy that he bought a SV6/Calais factory hybrid for an Evoke price.
Is there a possibility of tracing the original owner for info on it ?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
What if ? It is genuine, it was a special order Evoke/Berlina for somebody within GMH, or a dealer, who had enough influence to do a one off.
Strange combination if it was.
OP can either feel ripped off and aggrieved if he bought a SV6 for a SV6 price, or happy that he bought a SV6/Calais factory hybrid for an Evoke price.
Is there a possibility of tracing the original owner for info on it ?
There wasn't an option to do special configs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V & VU S1
Hey guys. So i bought a 2015 Holden Commodore SV6 Vf Auto MY15 yesterday and came home to find out by my mates (Who know cars more then me) that i might have gotten ripped off because they suspected it to be a Evoke or a SV6 with Evoke parts. They checked the engine and found out that is was a 3.0L V6 and the speedometer needles were white instead of red, how SV6 needles are supposed to be.

Here are some pictures to help

Based on those pics alone mate I reckon you've bought a dodgy one - I hope for your sake I'm wrong but per the comments above, there's way too many red flags for it to be legit.
Did you do a REVS check on it?

Holden161499

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Series 1
Interior is wrong as it's out if a Calais, should have an LFX motor. Looks like single exhaust outlet which is correct for a 3.0ltr or 3.6ltr on lpg
Yea, I got told that the interior is from a luxurious Calais is something. And the engine is a LFW

Holden161499

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Series 1
An SV6 would have the 3.6 litre motor and twin exhausts.
I doubt anyone would do an engine swap......... and since old mate has gone to the trouble to put Calais seats and trim on the inside, safe to say he's messed with outside too by putting SV6 bumpers and badges on it.
Is the background colour of the stereo screen blue or red? Red = what SV6 should have.
It’s Blue, meaning Evoke as is figured

Holden161499

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Series 1
I second that about the interior,
as it from a Calais,
LFX which is a 3.6L

SV6's usually have Twin big bore outlets,
How many K's has it done ?
What is the VIN # ?, the VIN will indicate the Variant,
Where it could be a Evoke Body,
that may of been a repairable Write off, and/or a Cut & Shut done.

Also if you can get it scanned, and see if the VIN in the ECU matches what is at the bottom of the screen.

What Suburb did you but it from ?
Northern / North Western Suburbs ?
If its Jigsaw Car,
and they have advertised it incorrectly,
You may have a case to get your money back.
The engine is a LFW and I got it from Melbourne

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
5th number in Vin is your friend here. If its an A its started life as en evoke. H and it was a Calais.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
But the VIN # could be different in ECU.
Which would be an interesting to see.

The thing that I can not get my head around, is the single exhaust for SV6.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Out of interest, does it have STD, FE1.5, or FE2 suspension?