Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how do i tint my tailights?

VSSPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VS S Pack
i bought nightshade and i took out the back taillights, but there connected to the black backing and i asked my dad how do i get it off and he said it doesnt come off and not to pull it or else ill crack the tailluight, but theres only a little hole where the brake light is and where the indicator off..

does the black backing come off so i can spray it on there? as it says on the can to spray from 10-12 mm away.

thanks guyz!!

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
There's a clip, acessable from INSIDE the boot, that plugs the lights cable in. Alternatively, you can just undo the lights from the tail light casing itself.

Uhm, Also, VSSPak, are you aware that tinting your tail lights is very illegal? Makes your car stand out like dogsballs, especially if you're lowered and/or rims?

VSSPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
There's a clip, acessable from INSIDE the boot, that plugs the lights cable in. Alternatively, you can just undo the lights from the tail light casing itself.

Uhm, Also, VSSPak, are you aware that tinting your tail lights is very illegal? Makes your car stand out like dogsballs, especially if you're lowered and/or rims?

Dont have rims yet, and i havent lowered her either.

Im only tinting htem because htey are faded as hell and i could be defected, as ive been warned to get new ones or tint them back to they're original colour a few weeks ago

Btw, i dont get how to do what you just said :( im not very good wif cars :(

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Taking off the taillight casing. You have three nuts on the inside of the boot. Undo them, then carefully pull the casing out. You'll find two light bulb "plugs". It's a case of squeezing them and half turning.

After that, your tail light casing should be free.

VSSPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
Taking off the taillight casing. You have three nuts on the inside of the boot. Undo them, then carefully pull the casing out. You'll find two light bulb "plugs". It's a case of squeezing them and half turning.

After that, your tail light casing should be free.

yer i know bro, but the tailight comes out with the black backing on it..if u know what i mean i cant spray on the INSIDE of the taillight coz its covered by the black backing..

WILD VR CLUBBY

lack of licence
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy s
you spray the out side not the inside

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Ahh my apology.. Yeah, thats fine. When you "tint" the tail light, you do the outside of the light itself, with the black backing.

Once again, I don't encourage you to do this man, as I said, you get pulled up, you'll probably get a defect. If it's faded.. look on Ebay, you can get them quite cheap.

Check the attached. Thats my tail lights vs a set of standard VR/S Tail lights, thats only with 2 coats!

Attachments

• tintedvsstd.jpg
    tintedvsstd.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 217

VSSPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ahh my apology.. Yeah, thats fine. When you "tint" the tail light, you do the outside of the light itself, with the black backing.

Once again, I don't encourage you to do this man, as I said, you get pulled up, you'll probably get a defect. If it's faded.. look on Ebay, you can get them quite cheap.

wat do yous mean the outside...the actual outside of the light lol?

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Take your tail light out, go in your garage or something, lay your tail light down, and spray..

Might be a good idea to "mask out" your Reverse/Indicator/Reflector, just have the brakes tinted

VSSPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
Take your tail light out, go in your garage or something, lay your tail light down, and spray..

Might be a good idea to "mask out" your Reverse/Indicator/Reflector, just have the brakes tinted

thanx bro ur a champ!!