Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how do i wire up a kenwood cd player to my stock vx berlinas cd player?

vxberlina123

tyler
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina
and im TEMPORARILY using the dodgy twist and then tape technique. ive made sure that the tape is tight and completely covering all the copper so im sure its fine for a little while. i dont know.. im no pro yet haha im still learning

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Yeah you'll wanna make those connections properly in the near future.....just twisting and taping is not a long term connection....but you already knew that ;)

As far as the head-unit being hot.....if its too hot to touch thats a problem, usually a head-unit will generate some heat, more when youve had the volume up for a fair amount of time (over 15 min).

sammy t

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU ute
i just done all that in my car except it still not working.. any help would be good thanks..

shnap2nd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BERLINA MANUAL
look at all ur fuses?
make sure u have found a good earth (i did a stereo for a mate and he tried to earth do his dash)
push the function button on the cd player make sure the car is turned on acc (till ur dash lights are on)

sammy t

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU ute
yeah ill have a look at them, im not really sure which is the right fuse for it though?
yeah i turn it on to acc and it just doesnt turn on or anything, i followed the wiring thats up the top of thise page so the earth should be in the right spot