Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how do U matt black your car?

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 holden belina sedan 5L V8
hello again, i have an everyday vn exec 3.8 sedan, the paint has never been in very good cond, and its not a nice colour anyways and to top it off i have had to get a new boot lid of a different colour after a run in with a pole!! so after all this i thought painting the car matt black would be cool, as i have seen another vn matt blackk and it looked good.
so how do you do it?

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
like a rat rod yeah???
if you wanna do it on the cheap, get a shitload of sandpaper, a **** load of pressure pak black primer, and a **** load of matt black paint, sand the whole car back as much aws possible, paint the whole thing in matt black primer and sand that using fine sandpaper, then hit it with matt black can,
or get it done at a paint shop, buy the paint and prep the car your self, oh and in that case, provide hifill to the painters

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
bogan stylings... I love it!!!

D.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
My Brother painted his XY GS 302 (with top loader) falcon matt back (had chrome 12 slotter wheels) with spray cans, it was the most evil car you could ever see

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
GM Matte black, Purchasable in 1ltr or 4ltr containers...

Cheers
MaT

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
The only problem will b the amount of people asking you when your getting your car painted as matt black is an undercoat designed to help painters find dents in the body.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
VNV6VENGEANCE said:
The only problem will b the amount of people asking you when your getting your car painted as matt black is an undercoat designed to help painters find dents in the body.

Your mistaking Matt black with guide cote... A guide cote can be any color.

Just spray ur car GM Matt Black.

Cheers
MaT

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
94 holden belina sedan 5L V8
sounds pretty simple? i seen one other matt black vn, it has a senator body kit and 17"s looked read evil, im gunna put 5% tints on all winows aswell, even tho its illegal!! but i dont wanna do a sht job of it, so all your help is appreciated!!