Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do u remove the cloth part in the door trim?

JJ08

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vn s pack
hey guys just wondering how u remove the cloth part in the door trim because i want the crappy stock one gone and put red cloth over it with the holden badge in them any info would be a big help thanx...

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
from memory.... remove the door trim (screws) then on the back of the door trim there are little nuts. undo them and the cloth insert bit should pop out. you can glue pretty much any material strait over the top then put them back reverse to how u got them out. go have a look in spotlight for some different materials at a cheapish price. spray on craft glue works nicely for adhesive. go the moo cow material ;)

JJ08

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vn s pack
does any1 have any pics of what it looks like when its done not fussed by colour or material just after a few ideas to make the inside better

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
i think i attached some pics. i tried with cloth and vinyl. the cloth was easier to work with.

Attachments

• 10062008275.jpg
    10062008275.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 1,241
  • 07052008192.jpg
    07052008192.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,137
  • 10062008273.jpg
    10062008273.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 913

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
i coulda done better. good idea to have a few practice goes first

JJ08

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vn s pack
cheers for the pics i was really thinking about using red silk and then getting some holden badges and putting them in the middle of it

dzach23

Bra Bra Potato Potato
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina Series 1 genesis blue
cheers for the pics i was really thinking about using red silk and then getting some holden badges and putting them in the middle of it

Use foam and make it like an inlay under the silk, should look top's

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
that sounds nice. i would reccommend using a small rubber roller or something to press the cloth onto the trim, and have the cloth not tight at all, or else it might lift in the middle when the glue dries.
u can also get embossed roof linings which is a pretty cool look also. i think the guy is on ebay still.
imagine the moo cow material with matching steering wheel cover and seat covers :p
woulda been fancy in the nineties (before they made the vt :D)

Last edited:

DJP16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Slowandlow, I just purchased some white vinyl two days ago, looking to do the same thing (re-doing the door trim fab) and was just wondering if you have any tips or things to look out for when trying to do it with vinyl?

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
ok, some things are: make the vinyl u cut out, quite a bit larger than the trim. u need it to fold around the corner and glue it a bit to the back also. try to get a roller as i mentioned before, to get it all pressed in on the corners and edges. if you roll the edges, it will make any fold you do look smoother, as the vinyl gets softer after you work it a bit. glue it an inch to the back as well if you can. glue it from the front of the trim first obviously. you shouldn't need any weight to hold the vinyl down. just roll it on, then let it sit for a while. after that bit dries, do the edges and the back. you may need to put some sort of weight on the back part when the glue there is drying. dont clamp, unless u use some foam or something. its very easy to mark the vinyl. white should look cool. i was thinking of that color too, but grey won on a toss up. moo cow totally lost :p. if i can think of any other things ill post later. just gotta fly out at the moment. good luck mate

Last edited: