Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do you change the fuel pump in the VS commodore

Arrowroot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL group A Brock
Just wandewring if this has been discussed, if so could someone piont me to the thread, or if not, how is it removed.
I went to pull mine out and got it about quarter of the way out and looks like the big black hose that connected to it wouldnt budge from inside the tank, so instead of me getting the shits and really pulling at it, is there some simple way of doing it.

thanks appreciate it.

jzt4kikz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Statesman 5.0 - Vn 8plus
hey mate you did it somewhat right, that black hose has a hoseclamp looking thing on it that undoes but also does up again..so just unlclip it from itself, remove ur pump and sender unit, change over the pump and put it all back in..when ur half way in put the clamp back onto ur black hose and then proceed to fit it all up again. :) also possibly once removed do another fuel pump housing gasket (if its not supplied) good chance of it weeping.

Arrowroot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL group A Brock
Yer mate I look where it may undo, but looks like it clamped on with fliers or similar, cant work out how to undo it unless I brake it off, any ideas ?

bradzhsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 5litre aussie hydrolic roller worked
id just un clip the clamp with a screwdriver or door trim pick an try keep as much of the hose as possible, then just hose clamp it on, remember too mate, your dealing with fuel an aprks ignight fuel,,,, if your upgrading your fuel pump or using 1 witch doesnt just clip on then be sure that it isimpossible for the wires to ark or spark at all, heat wrap each wire twice each atleast whererver joined an then heat wrap both togeather, if ya unsure man then make sur u get it checked out by a pro cause 1 stuff up an ya better be insurred

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Some of these internal fuel return hoses in the VS use a type of "quick connector" to connect to the fuel pump/gauge assembly, and this connector needs a special tool that fits into it to uncouple it. The tool basically has two, 2mm wire prongs, about 1 cm apart, with rest of the wire bent down to make a sort of handle for the tool. The gregories workshop manuals show a pic of this tool.

Trikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SV6 Manual
Brett is it the same tool that you use for the fuel fittings on the firewall?

If so you can get them at Repco or Supercheap

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
It looks completely different from the round quick connector release tools that are used on the fuel line connectors at the firewall in the engine bay. . The manual says this tool is available from SPX australia. Its a bent piece of wire basically. I just used a piece of wire to get mine undone. It took a bit of stuffing about,but it came undone.

my5ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman 5L
Internal fuel line

does anyone know what this line is for in the tank? and what the white bit on the end of the Line (inside the tank) is for. replaced my fuel pump but the said line was perished. I couldn't find any info from a number of holden joints so have just replaced with a fuel line and will see what happens?