Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do you Drive

How do you drive?

• Total voters

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Long trips - usually right hand on the wheel resting my elbow on the window sill, left arm on console
Short trips/round town - 2 hands
Seat in the ideal position we got taught at a defensive driving course

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
In the VT I had the seat wound back to nearly touching the back seat. Im 6foot 4 and have a ****ed back and it was the only way I could get comfortable enough to drive more then a few minutes. Id pretty much eliminate the seat and support my own back, everyone use to criticise.

In the ute I cant do that, so its just as far back as it can go, and its quite comfy and doesnt hurt my back.
Highway driving, 1 hand on the wheel resting on the window sill, other hand resting on the arm rest.
Town/roo territory, both hands on the wheel.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Since i mostly do freeway k's it's one hand on the wheel, other hand on the console (i guess i'm preparing for my manual gearbox LOL). If a police is around though both hands go on the wheel.

If it's a long highway drive, cruise control and sometimes no hands, but most of the time one hand (i think).

Around town shifts from one to two (depending on how many lights [again preperation for manual? or i just never outgrew the manual stage?]).

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
absolutely brilliantly if i do say so myself. 1 hand on the wheel with elbow resting on door and the other on the console. rarely use 2 hands

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
i have nowhere to rest my arms in the bmw, so its generally right hand on wheel, left hand rests on leg or gearshift, but if its busy traffic or rain, its 2 hands on wheel. seat isnt laid back, cant stand that.

wagon is generally right hand on wheel, left on console.

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
The way I see it holden gave me power steering so one hand on the wheel the other one fliping throu ipod or playing with the gear selector