Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do you remove the brake light cover? (99 VS3 UTE)

pengoau

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 Commodore Ute
G'day

Just wondering how do you remove the break light cover, ie the red plastic thing? Mine's smashed a bit on the side and I'd like to replace it. Car is a ute.

Do I have to take the bottom or top rear light plastic bits off first and then I can pop out the brake light one (its in the middle of the three lights)? Looking at other threads they talk about there being some screws you undo located inside the boot. So it might be similar for my ute, but just on the inside of the tray? I guess I can tak a look later.

Would repco, supercheap or autobahn sell the part? I'd ring them but with Easter and all ;)

Thanks

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
there is a hand full of bolts inside the tray, you undo the bolts, and bingo, out it comes.

to get the bolts, aka huge philips head crews, drop teh tail gate, there are a few in that little bit, one at the top and one at the bottom. as for replacing individual lenses, im sure you can do it, but finding individual lenses may prove to be the challenge

pengoau

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 Commodore Ute
god damn, $150 for an aftermarket tailight assembly. didn't realise it comes as one complete unit, thought the plastic bits would just clip into their individual sections. hopefully i can locate a stock one from the wreckers.

Last edited: