Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do you stop your mates drink driving?

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Story time.
A bloke I know a little is a complete idiot when it comes to cars. He got suspended for something, and has subsequently been caught driving suspended like 9 times.
Last night he'd had four or five (Under 21, but definitely over 0.05.. No license anyway), tried to get in the car to drive to the pub. I didn't take the keys off him (mostly because I was worried he'd attempt to damage me, or rape my car) so I popped the hood, disconnected the battery, and put two of his important engine relays in my pocket. So what did he do? He ripped the headlight relay out (Yes it was dark) and another, and used those. I now realize i should have taken all the relays or fuses, but nonetheless... He needs to go to jail, something unwillingly jammed up his arse when he drops the soap might teach him a lesson, because clearly traditional methods don't seem to be doing anything.

My question is this, How do you guys stop your idiot mates when they try to go for a spin after a few? Take the keys? Take all the relays? Dead straight jab to the lower jaw? The latter would have definitely been my choice if I knew him better.

Sorry if something like this has been posted before... An ffs search didn't turn anything up for me :thumbsup:

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Gonna have to go with a less destructive and pricey option? Especially if that slash is gonna go right through "BRIDGESTONE 245/35/18". $$

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
9 times caught, no regard for the law or safety of others, only advice i can give is allow him to get caught, he will eventualy end up in jail. or don't go over to his place while he is drinking.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
bah im not serious anyway, but even then, thats the price he should have to pay for being an idiot. why not wait until he leaves and just call the cops giving them all details of his car, and where he is headed, if its that big a deal. make him learn the hard way

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
A little more back story.. We were both at a mutual mates place, I would've just let him go then called the cops if my car wasn't in his reversing out direction... I'm not taking that hit.

dynoryder

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive wagon
i have too make sure i cant get to my keys cuz when i wake up after a big one i cant remember half the night so how would i stop myself with out taking measuers

lucky they work

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Cut them out of your life completely, then they aren't idiot mates they are just a ****ing idiots.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
It depends who it is and how they are going to react.

I've seen people who I know would have been over there .00, but definitly right to drive. If there stupid enough to risk getting caught, then Ill let them know there as sick as aids and let them do it.
If there maggoted and a risk to other people then Ill try and talk them out of it, but as drunks are it rarely works.
Have hidden peoples keys, paid for taxis, got worked up with them. Only once has it ended up in a punch, but the point was when he tryed to punch me he was to drunk to punch properly anyway lol. Someone decked him and someone else took him home.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I just want to know why you would continue to associate with someone like this? Therefore to answer your question on what I would do with a friend who drink drives constantly, I would simply cut all ties with this person and tell him / her the reason why.