Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do you take apart the headlights

madgamer2006

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive 2003
Hair dryer does it nicely.... took a while but its done,,, have just put my first coat of black on :)

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Yea pics will be great. So the hairdryer works eh? Did you use a screwdriver to pull it apart as you were going or what? Maybe a quick re-write of the How To guide is in order?

madgamer2006

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive 2003
ill write up some form of guide in the next couple of days. Works been ontop of me lately... but today me making the most of a sick day (yes actually sick) got me working on my car.

I just re sealed the lights and they look great. :)

Photos will come also in a couple days when i get around to it. but for now, back to being sick lol

madgamer2006

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive 2003
just put the lights back on the car... it looks cool but i just wish there was a way to dull out the old headlight outa plastic as its weathered and chipped...

anyone know of some polish or anything?

madgamer2006

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive 2003
Guide to come but here are a couple of first take pics... I still have to buff the exterior of the car and buff and polish the lights (as well as clean the horrible red dirt on the rubber seal near the indicators but its a working progress...

Infact, i still need to buy the buffer lol... This weekend i have Pulled my car to bits and re assembled it without fault... thats gotta be a record for someone who never takes cars apart lol

BLAK_CAT

CLA45Y
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CALAIS
Black vy headlights !!!:))

heys guys im the owner of a vy series 2 calais, im nothappy coz my car has too much chrome on it ,i dont really wana go out and spend 350 bucks on new hsv headlights, but ont he same not i found a place in blacktown called plastifususion , and the guy there said that hel pull apart my lights and put the black bezels in for me, and he quoted me 200 bucks, would u pay that money ? im worried he s gonna crach something or water may get into my lights and i have hid s as well so i wouldnt be very happy, can someone plz give me some assistance. or is there anyone who is interested in swapping unmarked chrome 03 vy series 2 headlight for black ones, cheers guys, and i will be putting some pics up reall soon:thumbsup:

BLAK_CAT

CLA45Y
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CALAIS
hey guys anyone interested in swapping unmarked chrome 03 vy series 2 lights for black ones let me know cheers!!!!

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Well good luck on finding someone to swap their desired lights to the lower models lights. I completed the mod myself and once the lights are apart, its dead easy. Just stick them in the oven at 100 degrees for 2-3 minutes, use a wide flat screwdriver to pull apart, when the glue gets hard again, repeat process until the lights are able to be pulled apart by hand.

Mate I'm only 16 so if I can do it with no drama's, I'm sure you can.

frontier

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore VY 2004 SS
iv done with retro...i opened lights in cooking oven and opened easily with no harm to lights.

iv installed mercedese bi-xenon projectors in lights..now the car has pure cut-off lights with sexy look.

here are the pics...
getattachmentfgf.jpg

getattachmentrmi.jpg

hope you guys like it...:)

Last edited by a moderator: