Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do you use Siri in VF??

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
So frustrated at the moment, according to the Holden website, Calais V (my car) offers the following:-

"Use Siri® Eyes Free mode to stay connected safely while you are driving. Ask Siri to call people, select and play music, hear and compose text messages, read notifications, update your Facebook status and add reminders, all without taking your hand off the wheel. Note: Siri® Eyes Free mode requires compatible device running iOS6. Visit apple.com/au for a list of compatible devices"

I absolutely cannot work out how to talk to Siri on my ip6...everytime i say 'send (or compose, write etc..) text to ___, it NEVER understands and asks me to repeat or gives some totally unrelated feedback. I don't get Siri's voice at all, just the built in voice in the car (is this a substitute for the Siri voice?). Tutorial videos on youtube have them checking the calendar, updating facebook etc, but this simply doesn't work.

Does it HAVE to run ios6 (ancient) and nothing else for it to work? I'm really p___d off at the moment..

I don't want to hear 'get an android (or similar)', I would just really appreciate some constructive advice on how to undertake what should be a basic task.. Thanks in advance everyone

**EDITED..after much digging on the net (would be easier if holden actually put it in the handbook), I discovered that you have to hold the push to talk button down for a few seconds to activate siri...

Last edited:

Mag00ly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
A short press will get Mylink, a long press will get Siri.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
A short press will get Mylink, a long press will get Siri.

Thanks Magooly, i finally managed to work the bloody thing out, much appreciated.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
... what is Siri?

sounds dangerous

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
Where's the microphone when using Mylink?

without being 100% sure, I think it's the little slits either side of the sunglass holder on the roof (or somewhere near there, i can't exactly remember.)

70chev

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline - Red Hot
Guys,

On another note, I understand you can press the talk button on the steering wheel to get to the first menu choice for voice commands, but i'm wondering if there is a way to place a call or navigate to an address with just one single action. At the moment I am pressing the button twice, saying "call", then it asks me for a number in the phone book and I have to say something like "work". Is there a way I can just say "call work", or "navigate to 100 Queen Street, Brisbane" with one function of the button?

Thanks

Darren

Aussie7t8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6 Sedan
Hi Darren,

I press phone button once, wait for tone, then say, "Dial Home." You can also say, "Dial," then say the digits for the number you want.

Hope this helps.

Aussie.

Gridlocked

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SV6 Commodore
without being 100% sure, I think it's the little slits either side of the sunglass holder on the roof (or somewhere near there, i can't exactly remember.)
Hands-free mic location for VF is behind the drivers side slots in the overhead dome lamp assembly. Had this apart recently to install my garage remote. Mic assembly is just a small module with a couple of wires heading off to a connector clipped close by in the lamp assembly (one of those Bastards Inc connectors you need three hands and a sharp instrument to separate types!) Easily unclips and removes if needed. There was nothing behind the passenger side slots on my MY17 VFII SV6, maybe Calais gets two mics? Unsure. Cheers.