Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How Dodge is this.

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
HTML:
Was on ebay saw this ttp://cgi.ebay.com.au/HSV-CLUBSPORT-R8-VT-VX-CHROME-BOOT-MOULD-ONLY-NEW_W0QQitemZ190045890163QQihZ009QQcategoryZ102358QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting and thought wow how good is this....... until i read the fine print and saw it was just the chrome strip. How dodge would u be to have a pic of the whole garnish there. Nearly fooled me but i feel sorry for the next poor sap. Why isnt there rules about making it 100% clear what your selling in the orginal pic? Or am i just being pickie? haha

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
yeh, its like there was a guy a while ago with a pic of a vn 5ltr motor, he was selling just separate bits off it, but every listing was the pic of the motor.

Sabby

MSABBY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS FIFTY
yeh
its around alot these days, but not just on ebay
people try and sell an item, but show a picture of it, with better items around it to make a buyer look at it and say, hey that looks good.
i got stooged when buying door handles from ebay. the pics showed they were chrome, i got the door handles. but it was only the trim
it was false advertising also tho

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
hmm it is pretty misleading isnt it, i dont use ebay ater numerous items never showing up after payment:bang:

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Not as bad as the person who paid $1000 for a Playstation 3 box

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Just takes a bit of reading to work out what you're actually going to be paying for.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
buyer beware, you always gotta wonder why it's always so cheeeap

jamesl_VTSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
[PHATSS]
HTML:
Was on ebay saw this ttp://cgi.ebay.com.au/HSV-CLUBSPORT-R8-VT-VX-CHROME-BOOT-MOULD-ONLY-NEW_W0QQitemZ190045890163QQihZ009QQcategoryZ102358QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting and thought wow how good is this....... until i read the fine print and saw it was just the chrome strip. How dodge would u be to have a pic of the whole garnish there. Nearly fooled me but i feel sorry for the next poor sap. Why isnt there rules about making it 100% clear what your selling in the orginal pic? Or am i just being pickie? haha

I wouldn't exactly call him dodgy, i brought my VX garnish off him and i'd recommend him to anyone thats looking at buying something from him. I don't know if he's changed his wording since then, but when i clicked on the link it says in brackets: (Chrome boot mould only). And it lists the garnish for $220 and other parts too.

And yes i agree with you on he should only show the chrome strip not the whole garnish as well