Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How does VZ fare in overall reliability?

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
Not at all:-

Yes at all.

I stated that there is a regular recurring theme of overheating/cooling system issues, and the number of threads seem to confirm this. Just count them yourself to be sure.

As for my engine - no-one could solve the overheating issues I had, even after a thermostat replacement, by a 'qualified' mechanic that I think you seem to imply that you might be. Another 'qualified' mechanic stated that my best option was to get a replacement engine. My engine original still operated, but would simply overheat. That was never solved.

As for 'qualified' advice from 'qualified' mechanics (that you imply you might be), I went with what happened to me personally, hence why I advised the OP accordingly. You can go on as much as you like, but I am only relating real life events as happened to me - not some pipe dream some folk seem to hang on to. BTW, I am not here to slag off at 'qualified' mechanics, as I'm sure there are good ones out there.

End of the day: 'Caveat Emptor'.

Last edited:

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes at all.

I stated that there is a regular recurring theme of overheating/cooling system issues, and the number of threads seem to confirm this. Just count them yourself to be sure.

As for my engine - no-one could solve the overheating issues I had, even after a thermostat replacement, by a 'qualified' mechanic that I think you seem to imply that you might be. Another 'qualified' mechanic stated that my best option was to get a replacement engine. My engine original still operated, but would simply overheat. That was never solved.

As for 'qualified' advice from 'qualified' mechanics (that you imply you might be), I went with what happened to me personally, hence why I advised the OP accordingly. You can go on as much as you like, but I am only relating real life events as happened to me - not some pipe dream some folk seem to hang on to. BTW, I am not here to slag off at 'qualified' mechanics, as I'm sure there are good ones out there.

End of the day: 'Caveat Emptor'.

Hmmkay. So, you're the one trying to make the point that there are lots of threads with people having severe overheating issues.

To prove your point you need to:-

1) Find these threads, and count them
2) Go on every other forum and count the number of cooling system threads they have about their individual motors.

Once you have this information, maybe then your theory will be valid. Until then, it's just the rantings of somebody who thinks their experience is typical.

A sample size of 1 is ridiculous.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
My quote was directed at the OP. Is your quote directed at me? If so, shucks, I didn't realise you cared so much. :)

Considering the OP hasnt been active since 2009, im sure he doesnt care anymore.

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
Hmmkay. So, you're the one trying to make the point that there are lots of threads with people having severe overheating issues.

To prove your point you need to:-

1) Find these threads, and count them
2) Go on every other forum and count the number of cooling system threads they have about their individual motors.

Once you have this information, maybe then your theory will be valid. Until then, it's just the rantings of somebody who thinks their experience is typical.

A sample size of 1 is ridiculous.

Oh dear. Just keep trying mate.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh dear. Just keep trying mate.

Agreed. Im trying, but your **** isnt making any sense. No matter how many times i read it. But, i will give it another shot!