Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How easy is it to remove sv6 2010 llt engine without gearbox coming out?

Billy-Roy Trathen

Reaction score
Members Ride
My10 ve sv6 manual
Just wondering how easy it is to remove the engine from my 2010 sv6 llt without taking the gearbox out with it as i really dont want to have to do that if it can be done any easy ways or just hard? Doesnt look to be much room to undo the top bellhousing bolts easy while still in the car.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I think you posted this earlier but with the VE it was built so the engine assembly is walked into the car.
The whole front can be unbolted.

Engine hoist etc isn’t so important now.

We have had the gearbox off several times for repair and to do the thermostat, without removing the engine. It’s doable.

Would also suggest replacing the thermostat while it’s accessible whether or not it needs doing right now. It’s on the back and pretty much only accessible with the gearbox off (unless your a mechanic from Cirque De Solé)

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
We have had the gearbox off several times for repair and to do the thermostat, without removing the engine. It’s doable.

Gearbox out engine in is fine (there are very few cars where it's easier to take the engine out to replace a clutch), it's gearbox in engine out that's a PITA.