Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How Freaking Dumb is the Lady

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
A PROTESTER has been shot in the face just hours after the opening of the controversial duck hunting season this morning.

Witnesses say Ms Symons, aged in her 20s, was waist-deep in water when she was shot by the hunter, believed to be aiming at a low-flying bird.

Duck hunting protester shot in the face | Herald Sun

I lol'd

I reckon the hunter was going for a "Two bird one stone scenario". ha ha ahhhhh

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
I also lol'd.

Unfortunately they only use small pelets for birds. She'd have some nasty burns though.

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
I also lol'd.

Unfortunately they only use small pelets for birds. She'd have some nasty burns though.

One of the Pellets knocked out her tooth lol

I'll put the picture up

495500-julia-symons.jpg

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Now the media will bash on about gun safty again.

If you ask me, being able to walk away after being shot in the face is pretty damned safe.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Yep Safety Laws will be revealed again and blaa blaa blaa. Just going to be a bigger pain in the arse.
After owning several riffles, Its easier to just go buy a riffle on the black market. Cash, Bing, Done, Next please!
But Yes being shot in the face, Not much worse then some paintball guns lol

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
From theage.com.au

The...woman in her 20s, was injured about 9am (AEDT) on Saturday at Lake Buloke Wildlife Reserve in the state's northwest.
...He said the injured duck rescuer had been in the water at the time of the incident and it was illegal for protesters to do so before 10am.

case closed. the only person in this story who wasn't following the rules was the woman who was shot.
being shot probably sucks, but so does doing the right thing, but still having your rights gradually eroded because other idiots are doing the wrong thing

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
lol its like standing on a shooting range and asking not to get shot... darwin award material if she'd died lol

torch

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
From theage.com.au

case closed. the only person in this story who wasn't following the rules was the woman who was shot.
being shot probably sucks, but so does doing the right thing, but still having your rights gradually eroded because other idiots are doing the wrong thing

There are rules that say you aren't allowed to shoot people too, no matter where they pop up, which one was the shooter following. Sounds like at least the shooter should get a holiday, cant tell the difference between a person and a duck? she was hardly wearing camoflage, do shooters need to pass an eye test to get a licence?.
Anyway, easy to flippantly speculate at this stage with perhaps not all the story to hand, perhaps she was a real PIA and could have happened to a nicer person...yada, yada

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
ok standing in the way is not real clever but the shooter needs to visit specsavers if he missed seeing her from what must have been pretty close range for that type of gun? of course he might not have missed her.

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
DAMN! i thought some activist was smashed in the face with a 12 gauge!