Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how hard to drop a 5.7 ltr in a vs

O

opleaz

hey guy's just wondering if anyone can help me here i want to put vt ss 5.7 ltr running gear into my vs v6 or would it be cheaper to put the supercharged running gear in i can get a complete vt ss gen 3 for about 5000 smashed. thanks

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Cost my friend 20 grand (will mods to the engine aswell).

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
why not put in a stroked 5 litre, they bolt straight in and you can built a tough motor for less than the gen3 and blow its doors off!!

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF fairmont (when im allowed)
ye dont go down the gen3 path unless ur like fully loaded... but if u were fully loaded ud buy a diff car that already had it..
haha.. one of my friends was very serious about goin down that path til she realised how much it was gonna cost her.. i forget how much she said itd be.. but it was a hell of a lot of money for an upgrade!!

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
A decent L67 will cost about 6-7K with trans... if you're lucky you might get the larger tank and fuel pump too. Ideally look for one out of a VS2 Calais or VS Stato.. at least you know all the mounts etc are going to be spot on.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
i cant see it costing that much when your looking at a couple grand more for the car itself

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
i cant see it costing that much when your looking at a couple grand more for the car itself

A dismantler bought my wreck, engine alone was listed for $6k. I bought the entire car for $9k, so yeh the L67 goes for a pretty penny.

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
A decent L67 will cost about 6-7K with trans... if you're lucky you might get the larger tank and fuel pump too. Ideally look for one out of a VS2 Calais or VS Stato.. at least you know all the mounts etc are going to be spot on.

not true...I can snatch up a good one for $2,500 but then again could be because I got connections through my dad...hehe...:yeah: but still no...I think anyone if they looked hard enough and know what they are talking about when asking for this stuff...could pick one up for dramatically less than that...Im thinking $3,500...