Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how harsh is the billet servo?

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
im having my 4l60e built soon, and i have been advised to chuck in a billet servo over the corvette one. now i don't mind spending the extra money, as i am going all out and want to do it properly the first time. i know the billet is harsher shift than the corvette, so to anyone that has had one installed, are they really harsh down low? or only when you punch it? i don't mind a bit of a kick just nothing that is over the top when im just cruising.
cheers ladies and gents

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
They're really not that bad. I guarantee you'll get used to it after a few weeks - and then you'll be shocked at how sloppy everyone else's gearboxes are :)

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just don't want to put it in, and then find out that it is just ridiculously harsh at low revs. then comes the thought of completely manualising it haha

VZHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
z
a corvette servo gives u a good bump at low revs when ur using the Power button .. but when ur cruising and u plant it ull also know about it..
oother than that there not bad when driving normal.
as for the billet servo the tranny guy advised me not to get it he reckons its about 50% more apply pressure . also another piece of advice bigger servos are pretty dangerous in the wet and im sure ur aware of that.. hope this helps:thumbsup:

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers for your info. yeah the billet does apply more pressure, but im having the box built so kind of hoping that everything is made to hold up. as for the wet, ive herd they can be a handful, just going to have to take it nice and easy. don't usually stuff around whilst driving in wet so hopefully i keep it that way. cheers mate.

anyone else have a billet and care to share?

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
I have the fairbanks 2nd and 4th set. I installed them with a transgo shift kit on a stock box and it was fine. I'd recommend a Sonnax billet servo for smoother shifts and also alot of shops machine their own billets up. They are very basic.

My box is built now and it always shifts quite firmly, this is a performance box and I doubt you will find one that doesn't bump on the shifts. They don't slip though which is what it's all about with building a box