Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How high can a VE Ute be raised before problems start occurring?

CrewmanManual

Reaction score
Members Ride
Crewman Cross 8
I've read that Kong Springs and Peddlers both make a set of 30mm raising springs that go on with the stock absorbers.

I'm looking to raise up the Ute as much as I can without having to do all new mountings and half shafts, though I am a machinist with access to all the materials and tools so it may be the case in the future.

For now I just want to combine springs with some 16" wheels and big fat tyres so I can go "off road".

Thoughts?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Really doubt Pedders or King would market a spring that would require one to buy custom shafts (they're not really into that calibre of stuff), raising it by 30mm really ain't that much in that scheme of things considering how slammed some people make these cars.

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Was V5W Country Pack Suspension an option on VE's?

CrewmanManual

Reaction score
Members Ride
Crewman Cross 8
Really doubt Pedders or King would market a spring that would require one to buy custom shafts (they're not really into that calibre of stuff), raising it by 30mm really ain't that much in that scheme of things considering how slammed some people make these cars.
Wasn't meaning to imply they did. I just meant that I've read that I can buy a 30mm set of springs. But if I get larger springs or shock combo then I can make the new halfshouts and mounts at work with my machines.