Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how hopeless are some parents?

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I think a lot of parents would probably be too tight to treat their kids, they don't make the treatments cheaps, I spend $65 on them a few days ago then have to repeat after a week. Funny I just mentioned nits in the chatbox yesterday because I was curious as to what these peta hippy freaks would do if they got headlice (or crabs etc.) seeing as they respect all living lifeforms it would be wrong for them to kill them.

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
i hear ya man, my gf's ex kept taking the kids to his bogan mates house every weekend he had them and they always came back with them even after she told him not to go round there.

she tried everything from vinegar to the foam stuff but nothign worked.
theres soap you can get off ebay which really works, it gets rid of them and they dont coem back.

i highly recommend it

Honestly the best way to get ridd of nits,
is to get ur kids to leave their conditioner in their hair, then thoroughly go through their hair with a nit comb. The conditioner causes the nites to be paralysed for some time, allowing you to remove them. It also helps as it will be very easy to put the comb through ur kids hair(it wont hurt them)

its cheap and definately works better then those soaps and cream you can buy specifically for this purpose.

foo27

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss series1
my wife came across and good cheaper alternative it was a tea tree shampoo about three bucks a bottle it doesn't kill them you have to brush them out but once there gone this stuff repels them. worth a shot, worked well and still use it to this day.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
tea tree oil diluted in water

Thats the one, I couldnt think of it above. Thats all my sister uses on her son, and he hasnt had nits since.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Hi all,
just a winge for today. it really annoys me when parents cant/wont look after thier children properly.
So what happened is that my son went back to school taday, and he came home with nits.
Now this isnt the first time it has happened but it is the first time he has got them first day back. My partner checks his hair at least twice weekly and i know that he was checked lasty night so he definately got them today.

end of rant.

cheers shane

You are so misinformed and making baseless assumptions. Dirty hair and bad parenting is not the cause of head lice.

How would you react if I said you are a bad parent yourself as your child has head lice and probably contaminated other children today? As you admit your child has had them before. Could other parents think you don't look after your child and he is a dirty little boy? :yeah:

Deal with it - head lice are a part of being a school kid, but it certainly has nothing to do with how one is raised. You even get infections in private schools :thumbsup:

crazy.vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
I was going to use insecticide on my daughters hair but my wife wouldn't let me do it :(

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
Parents who send there kids to school with nits i do classify them as bad parents. How bad would the child feel for investing a shool with nits and the teasing from other children.

It is up to PARENTS to treat nits nobody else they should be checking there childs hair at LEAST once a week

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
been through a few lice epidemics now :( never had them myself, but have only just avoided it several times.

Best bet for getting rid of them is a cream for the lice (The live suckers) then go through the hair picking out the eggs.

We did this to my g/f's sister nearly every night for a week, got rid of her nits, every night she used the shampoo then we went on a egg hunt, nits (The eggs) and the lice dont survuve long off of the body, although i'm still 100% for washing everything after a lice scare.

my nieces and nephews all have had lice too, ohw hat fun that all was. it takes persistence but its not hard work, I feel sorry for the single parents working two jobs with three kids that all have lice, easier to shave there heads.

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
I remember when I was a young lad (I hate myself saying that these days) Mum would just use a bit of kero in the hair to kill everything off and then jump in the shower and wash it all off.

One parent I saw yesterday left her 4 year old kid walk in the other direction along the roadside for about 10 - 15 m (all she did was just turn and walk away).

Now even if the kid didn't want too, take her by the hand, and walk her to the car yourself, much better than the kid deciding that they want to cross the road out of your reach and getting run over. (I drove past very slowly in horror) :bang: