Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how hopeless are some parents?

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
stick your kid under the car for awill let them get all grease and oil in there hair i bet they dont get them lol but serously they only like clean hair my son is only 2 and he has had them from his cousins they go to school and kinddy i didnt get them coz i went and got under the car grease works wonders hahahaha use tee tree oil in water in a spray bottle it works

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
This thread makes my head itchy :(

My nephew use to get them all the time, now they have a spray bottle at the front door, and its diluted lavender or aloe vera, I cant remember which one, Ill find out. But a few squirts on his way out each morning and he hasnt go nits since.

lol, cos all the other kids'd stay away from him!!!

no head to head contact there :p

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
I remember when I was a young lad (I hate myself saying that these days) Mum would just use a bit of kero in the hair to kill everything off and then jump in the shower and wash it all off.

yip kerosene is one of the best things as its oily and the buggers cant stick some lice shampoos used to say treat hair with kerosene before using the shampoo.we have done the kero trick on a few mates kids allways works a treat and is cheaper than doing them every week with lice creams etc.you can get an electric lice comb that zaps the little buggers too they work ok for getting the afterschool ones:yeah:

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
lol, cos all the other kids'd stay away from him!!!

no head to head contact there :p

Haha Probably the case, but hey it works lol.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Parents who send there kids to school with nits i do classify them as bad parents. How bad would the child feel for investing a shool with nits and the teasing from other children.

It is up to PARENTS to treat nits nobody else they should be checking there childs hair at LEAST once a week

did you read my post about how nits spread? A kid would never know if they inFested a sChool with lice. It is entirely possible that there would be an unnoticeable infestation when the parent first checked THEIR child's hair, yet within a week there can be a plague of them.

Bad parenting are those parents who don't make the effort to spell or speak better than their 10 year old. That's a difference of opinion though, i suppose.

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Never got them, neither did my sister.

Actually, I can't remember any cases at primary school.

Just means the school did a reasonable job of keeping kids safe from the stigma (as we see here from grown adults) that is attached to head lice. If a child has nits the school should make every effort not to identify them. Most schools do that well. Kids may think they know who the nits are on, other kids might also tell them, but more cases stay between the school and the family than people ever realise.

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
Bad parenting are those parents who don't make the effort to spell or speak better than their 10 year old. That's a difference of opinion though, i suppose.

there is a million different types of bad parenting. Why is it when someone posts 1 thing people have to change into what they want to talk about and not what the original post was about. My wife and i check our daughters hair everyday while we brush it its not that hard to do its ashame other parents cant do the same.

Thanks also for pointing out the spelling and grammer mistakes this must make you feel really big

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
there is a million different types of bad parenting. Why is it when someone posts 1 thing people have to change into what they want to talk about and not what the original post was about. My wife and i check our daughters hair everyday while we brush it its not that hard to do its ashame other parents cant do the same.

Thanks also for pointing out the spelling and grammer mistakes this must make you feel really big

Because people need to realise that everything is merely opinion. I see bad parenting one way, you see it another. It helps those people who feel they are always right realise it's a big bad world. You see dealing with nits as easy because you think you have control of it. I see being a good literate example to your kids as a pretty simple ask - but there are plenty of those naughty bad parents who refuse to learn even though it would benefit their kids. As you said it's not that hard and it's a shame other parents can't do the same.

I deal with spelling and nits for a living. Does it make me feel big? no but i don't mind it. Does it pay the bills? Yes.

(i guess it'd be inappropriate to point out the spelling of grammar just now....)

Back on track - the bottom line is that fixing, stopping, curing, killing or maiming nits isn't as simple as you and a few others seem to think it should be and it shouldn't constitute an attack on parenting skills.

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
...........the bottom line is that fixing, stopping, curing, killing or maiming nits isn't as simple as you and a few others seem to think it should be and it shouldn't constitute an attack on parenting skills.

BINGO!! got it in one!

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
get out of the ghetto or the public schools, thats where it starts ..boys is an easy fix shave there heads.. girls well your stuck there..