Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how hopeless are some parents?

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Hi all,
just a winge for today. it really annoys me when parents cant/wont look after thier children properly.
So what happened is that my son went back to school taday, and he came home with nits.
Now this isnt the first time it has happened but it is the first time he has got them first day back. My partner checks his hair at least twice weekly and i know that he was checked lasty night so he definately got them today.

end of rant.

cheers shane

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
yeh i got little bros, my mum uses that nit cream stuff, and has to get rid of em almost every 2 weeks like you, its pritty bad. I think some parents really dont care, a bit sad. I see it as a real problem.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pack Ute
Hi all,
just a winge for today. it really annoys me when parents cant/wont look after thier children properly.
So what happened is that my son went back to school taday, and he came home with nits.
Now this isnt the first time it has happened but it is the first time he has got them first day back. My partner checks his hair at least twice weekly and i know that he was checked lasty night so he definately got them today.

end of rant.

cheers shane

Wow, thats the extent of your issues with how some people raise their children? Your clearly a lot more tolerant of shoddy parenting than myself.

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
i work at woolworths mate...i see bad parenting on a daily basis..some kids are that bad u wanna drop kick them from the back end of the shop out the door:bang:

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
i hear ya man, my gf's ex kept taking the kids to his bogan mates house every weekend he had them and they always came back with them even after she told him not to go round there.

she tried everything from vinegar to the foam stuff but nothign worked.
theres soap you can get off ebay which really works, it gets rid of them and they dont coem back.

i highly recommend it

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
it's an unfortunate facet of primary schools. Best thing is to keep the kids hair short. It isn't always particularly bad parenting - the way these things spread and lay dormant make them particularly difficult to beat. You'd have to get EVERY parent to treat EVERY kid thoroughly for a full course to completely beat nits and that's only effective if home is completely egg and nit free too which can at times be impossible to know.

Also a misconception that nits jump - nits don't jump they have to make head to head contact to pass them on so i guess parents need to tell kids to stop touching heads lol.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
This thread makes my head itchy :(

My nephew use to get them all the time, now they have a spray bottle at the front door, and its diluted lavender or aloe vera, I cant remember which one, Ill find out. But a few squirts on his way out each morning and he hasnt go nits since.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
We were doing well, my daughter hadn't picked up nits all the way until year 4 despite always getting notes sent home twice a week or so saying theres been a case of headlice in your childs class. She got them a few days ago off the feral kids across the road. She has very long hair so its been a real pain in the arse. Everyday I do her hair for school, put it in a pony tail and plait it tightly, put heaps of mousse on it and give it a good spray with tea tree oil diluted in water because apparently the head lice hate tea tree. I have been complacent though in the school holidays not following our usual routine and this is what we get.

So I feel your pain mate, same thing goes with other contagious diseases where the parent sends their kids to school to spread it knowing full well that the kid is affected. I'm just glad I'm in a position where I don't have to place my younger kid in daycare because diseases and nits run rampant in those places.

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
my daughter is starting at a new school tomorrow im also worried about her getting head lice as well. Her hair is fairly short but will still be tied up i dont know how she would react to getting nits she has never had them before

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
nits or head lice will infest clean hair before dirty hair... it's a misconception that only dirty people or unkempt people spread lice. My Kids used to get them at school... more so my daughter because she has thick hair. And she used to tread her hair on a regular basis.
Usually, kids have them for a while before they even know they have them.