Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How is the ZB going in 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
The ZB transmission issues that I'm aware of relate to swath in left in few of the gearboxes during assembly. It's not a failing of the design, it's fixed under warranty.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The ZB transmission issues that I'm aware of relate to swath in left in the gearbox during assembly. It's not a failing of the design, it's fixed under warranty.
Well you want to hope they have a recall, because good luck once the warranty runs out......

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
My V6 3.8ltr VP ute had approximately 303.583 kW at the flywheel because it had a 2.5” exhaust, headers and the performance cold air intake offered on later models. MSD coils. 10mm leads. V8 throttle body. Had a performance chip, the Cop Chip 4000. It’s overall kerb weight allowed for jet like take offs.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
My V6 3.8ltr VP ute had approximately 303.583 kW
Hahaha i read that as 303k kw :p:p:p
That'd give an grid full of F1 race cars a run for their money :cool:

Utetopia2015

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SII SS (Ute), ZB RS
I'm commenting because you were tagged in a post of mine about Fuel Consumption on the ZB.
I think the ZB is a great car, and sick of the "ItS nOt a ReAL ComODoRe" comments. Glad to see I'm not the only one that enjoys the ZB!

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo
Biggest problem I see with a ZB is, not enough cylinders......
That’s coming from ignorance and bias and from someone who hasn’t sat in it let alone driven it . This 4 has 191 kw and 350 nm of torque, that’s prodigious for a 4 .. and it behaves accordingly. Its about 140:kg lighter than a 6, Just take the time also to read the reviews on handling. The VF will be left in the ZB wake , but more than that, it is effortless cornering and driving and on the open road with bends and hills and winds, it make the VF a piece of shite in terms of enjoyment too .. the 235 kw of a VF ain’t enough .. add windy roads and kiss VFs goodbye ..fact.. and motoring joy.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I don’t know what year the VZ was, but there is absolutely no comparison with it in relation to the ZB. It’s a piece of shite . One example is handling, another is seamless 9:speed trans just to mention. Go and drive a ZB 4 cylinder the ZB is in a higher stratosphere, a very much higher stratosphere. And Android Auto is heaven on earth, safe fast , brilliant connections with complete voice control ..if someone has texted you on the phone, that text comes up on the screen.

, and you can send a reply by voice and given an opportunity to edit your text reply by voice too. As said earlier , you virtually have the entire white pages by simply saying ” call Myer a Chadstone“ .. you are connected in a second. All of this is engineering design and construction and mastery by manufacturers and IT gurus, it’s staggering, it’s safe, it’s spectacularly brilliant.. And on top of that the brilliant turbo 4 is about 135 kg lighter than the VZ, probably more. I could go on and on. The ZB 4 cyl is universally regarded as the best Commodore by motoring reviewers by a country mile. I own one and I agree with them

I knew if I let you go on long enough it would happen.

What right do you have to call a VZ a piece of **** when you clearly have no idea what it is.

Clearly this thread is another attempt to advertise. If you can't accept other opinions we don't have to accept yours.

/ thread locked

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I will also add, if you wish to continue to trash our Aussie designed and built Commodores I'll quiet happy to show you the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.