Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how is your VE going?

Sabby

MSABBY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS FIFTY
i was just watching tv and ACA came on.
there was an issue about many people complaining to holden about the VE.
they intervied a few people who had VE's and all of them said, theyve spent 40k on a brand new car and all its done is give them problems. 1 guy had to buy a new engine allready and hes a mechanic.
so how is your ve going? any problems?
coz i cant really see how a brand new car can stuff up allready,
whats your opinion on this issue?

Last edited:

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
its the first of its model and of course there are going to be teething problems

i think people need to understand this and toughen the **** up

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
(Dramatisation): "I just baught a brand new V8, all i did was rev the crap out of it and do a few standstills the first few days i had it, now look!"

err...

I know someone who's brand new BMW 5 series caught fire while she was sitting at the lights (a few years back now)... I think thats a little more of a problem...

And I doubt a car full of problems would win so many awards.

anyway, its only a tiny percentage of people who arent happy that go and complain and whinge just coz they want to feel like a victim of some awful awful crime... pfftt

Today tonight, and A Current Affair (but especially today tonight) can go get Beeped, the beeping beeps :p

Sabby

MSABBY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS FIFTY
yeh i cant agree more.
the people who complaine have nothng better to do than complaine.
and those affiars shows make sumthng look way worse than it is
"holden, what are you doing?" "hmm brand new cars? yeh......"
"my first and last holden" hey, not every car can be perfect
a few sayings from the show.
it makes me sad coz holden RULE:thumbsup:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
i worked on a ve omega today, had to do a bit of a repair job too which was sad, anyhoo me and another lad took it for a drive and he was giving it a little thrashing, i think the car is solid as, and the only concerns i have is the cheap plastics its made from, ie the car had 18 000k's and there was allready a few plastics broken

Last edited:

Rogues

Reaction score
Members Ride
Odyssey VE Calais
Are you implying that a customer's vehicle.........in your custodianship, for the purpose of repairs, was taken for a spin by yourself and another.......and said other proceeded to drive the vehicle in a manner deemed to be inappropriate considering the subject vehicle was, and could,technically in this instance be listed as 'stolen'..........
Are you the owner of this business or are you, along with the 'other', employees of said business, representing the owner as such..............

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
It was ACA who have run this story but shameless none the less.
I understand that they wanted to bring these issues to the public light but after the last couple of days of this whole Corby crap i couldn't ever sit down and watch one of these stupid shows without laughing at it again.
The problems with these stupid shows is that they take something so far out of context and change a story to suit them.
I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow night channel 7 ran a pro holden story just to go against channel 9 and ACA just like the whole Corby thing.
Who do you believe when one channels so called "news" says something completly different to the other channel.
I work in insurance and the amount of time i have heard the bull story that these shows run it makes me laugh and i cant count how many times ppl have threatened to go to one of these shows.Its just a Joke

jswan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive 89'
omg, as soon as i saw the title of this thread i had the strongest feeling it would be about wat was on tonight, wat crap. seriously, how many people have had problems like these people have had. you'd be so unlucky to get a lemon'ised ve. but its a real shame how they just picked a couple of ve owners, instead of getting alot more different people with toyota, nissan, etc...

give holden a break.

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
21000km on a ve ssv great car to drive and steers bloody wheel besides the recalls i havnt had a problem still get a smile from ear to ear when i drive it

SV6Sean

Reaction score
Website
www.virginblue.com.au
Members Ride
VE Ignition SV6 Manual HSVi Perf Pack
i worked on a ve omega today, had to do a bit of a repair job too which was sad, anyhoo me and another lad took it for a drive and he was giving it an absolute thrashing, i think the car is solid as, and the only concerns i have is the cheap plastics its made from, ie the car had 18 000k's and there was allready a few plastics broken

This sort of mindless crap makes me worry about the person who works on my car.

Idiots :ranting: