Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how is your VE going?

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by Sabby, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Wombat

Wombat New Member

Members Ride:
    VX-II Lumina Sedan
    Complaints are no surprise...I recall this forum and how many people were either themselves or knew people who were lining up to be the "first in the street" with a VE...I remember also thinking "Nice you can afford one, but I'd be waiting a year or two, no matter how bad I wanted one..."

Look at the VT and VX (series 1) Commodores...it took Holden how long until the Series 2 VX to realise that some form of camber correction was needed in the back end to stop the rear view looking like the wheels of a forty year old VW Beetle...? And that was a major mechanical point...think of all the little crap that comes out as teething problems in the first year or two of a new models life, especially one as completely new as the VE. The first couple of years customers should actually be called "company guinea pigs", to be allowed to reveal all the faults that come up and are fixed in series 2 and 3 cars...

It's only to be expected, and it isn't just Holden, but Ford, Toyota, Mazda, they all seem to do it...but mainly good old Aussie Ford Falcons and Holden Commodores do it the most...:bang: .

That said, in another few years, we will probably pick up a VE second hand (not from the first years model run though) to replace our VX-II Lumina. The only real question I have with the VE model is a philosophical one...why now, well into the 21st century, does a standard 6-cylinder family sedan have to weigh over 1800kg? Wasn't this going to be the era of lightweight high strength materials? I can only recall a simple fact about our old '78 Fairmont XC-Update GXL sedan...it had thick steel panels you could use for armour plate, massive chrome heavy steel bumpers, and huge plush interior with seats like armchairs, it was powered by an all-iron 4.1ltr six cylinder, with a three inch driveshaft and heavy LSD disc brake diff...and yet it weighed only 1400kg...
    Just one of them things I suppose....

2. SLugg

SLugg Member

Members Ride:
    VE SS 6.2 T6060 Sting Red Trutrac harrop 500hp
    yeah and if you had a prang in it you died
    they didnt handle or brake or steer but hey
    bring back the good ol days....

by a beemer if you want hi tech metals oh but it will cost you twice as much

and as for waiting buy now enjoy , next series trade in and enjoy etc etc

3. vztrt

vztrt New Member

Members Ride:
    VXII Exec

Heard of crumple zones, the IRS system in the VE wouldn't be light, ABS, Traction control, side curtain airbags, and the mod cons. These things add up.

Also the timing of the VE stuffed Holden up as the Petrol spike came in that previous year. Hopefully VEII they're working on lightening the car.

4. EXCESSV

EXCESSV New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV
    no VEII guys.
    VE ute and wagon going to be released in August/September this year.
    the next model will go from VE to VF

thats the talk for now anyway

5. AttaBoy

AttaBoy WTF?!?!

Members Ride:
    VS Acclaim V6
    I bet the VF will look similar to the VE?? Like the VY and VZ.

6. JD

JD Donating Member

Members Ride:
    1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
    may i ask you which dealership is that?

cos i know for sure that the apprentices at metro holden and city holden do drive them.