Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how is your VE going?

VT97CALAIS

VT-Best Holden shape!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 S1 VT Calais /A4
this thread is own3d by immaturity! Calm down pplz.

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
This sort of mindless crap makes me worry about the person who works on my car.

Idiots :ranting:

which is why i service my own car. cant trust any retard with my fkn car.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
id always be suspicious of buying a ex fleet car anyway, for facts there was no burnout wheelspins etc all that i was refering to was the driver taking it to the red line two or three times, i think you would find most mechanics do that anyway checking power and stuff like that

Your original post in this thread speaks volumes about your character. All the rest is back peddling in a vain attempt to salvage some credibility.

Reaper

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
My father-in-law looks after fleet vehicles for one of Australia's largest companies. I would be interested to hear his opinion on the "no one gives a rats about the fleet cars" quote. You seem to forget that most of these "fleet cars" are sold off later to private buyers who can't afford a brand new one. I am sure they would be delighted to hear that no one gave a rats about their "new car" before they purchased it. I wonder how you would feel about buying such a car only to find a few weeks down the track that it needed major surgery due to the stupidity of some pre-pubescent little puke who didn't "give a rats". I hope when you do get your licence you treat other people's possesions with a little more respect. As for not getting "flamed", you are responsible for your posts so you will be the one who comes in for some when you post one such as the one you did. If it was meant to impress, it certainly didn't. Who's getting "thrashed" now....:ranting:

whether people own up to it or not, if its not their car they may well drive it that little bit harder. I take it for granted that when i leave my car at mechanics i may well have some young bloke taking it for a spin. As long as their is no rubber burnt, no panel damage...

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
i wouldnt take my car to any mechanic or similer unless i knew them...

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Im pretty sure I posted in this thread before. Has it been removed? There was a fair bit of hatred towards the media in it. Maybe even a few swear words

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
whether people own up to it or not, if its not their car they may well drive it that little bit harder. I take it for granted that when i leave my car at mechanics i may well have some young bloke taking it for a spin. As long as their is no rubber burnt, no panel damage...

Are you for real??? Has basic respect for other peoples property completely disappeared these days??? I must be getting old.... (again!)

Reaper

SV6Sean

Reaction score
Website
www.virginblue.com.au
Members Ride
VE Ignition SV6 Manual HSVi Perf Pack
Are you for real??? Has basic respect for other peoples property completely disappeared these days??? I must be getting old.... (again!)

Reaper

No no, I hear you - People need to respect other peoples property, or they might end up with a clublock to the side of the head. :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

DrBob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
dude i am not being a smart ass but it wasnt just the VE of the holdens getting bagged and your facts are a little wrong.

the mechanic with the issues had a crewman vz black one. if he was a mechanic for 15+ years why wouldnt he look at it and take it back and say this is wrong. it also showed him working on what looks as if its his car with the heads off...what if he put it back together wrong or something and thats causing the issue.
the young kid was a vz ssz ute which had bad backfiring. he was just a tool seriously.
the only VE they discussed was one lady who didnt even have the car to show as it was towed away to holden and she was overdramatising saying she never wants to drive it again coz its DANGEROUS...WTF...she was standing next to a BITSRMISSING magna that she has as a rental which she is paying for.
the other VE was a VESSV with issues about the plastic bits on the interior falling apart.

they used the holden VE music and quotes from drive.com and others at the start to over dramamtise it.
seriously i am a holden man but am not a stubborn guy and this was absolute propaganda crap...it was all bias and another f*cked up story brought about by ACA...seriously have they got nothing to talk about.

Deano, I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed ACA getting on the media bandwagon over the VE. I think the people on ACA were just talkin' CRAP!!! The cars they had on there weren't VE's at all. I've had some issues, but nothing I'd consider getting something else over. :confused:

Since week two I had the bearing in the power steering pulley go. And let's face it, Holden probably buys a million of the same cheap bearings from the same little sweat shop in China that every one else gets them from. The problem was more embarassing for Holden than it was a problem as such. The car kept making a load squeek-squeek-squeek as you drove along which got some pretty funning looks. But a visit to the dealer and the problem was sorted.

THEN...following a landscaping truck home in the dark one night, a huge rock flung out from between the rear tyres and cracked the front window big time. It hit exactly where the rear-view mirror mounts onto it. And within a week of hot summer days, the window had cracked completely across from one side to the other in the blue strip at the top, and also on both sides down at a 45 degree angle about three-quarters of the way to the edges. So we had a huge X-shaped crack that couldn't be repaired. But a new window fitted was only $250, not cheap I admit, but I was expecting around the $500 mark. :eek:

So we've had a bit of a bad run I suppose. But none of it you could say was really Holden's fault. So I'll be going back for another. :thumbsup:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
i watched that aca show and was disgusted about the way they slandered holden, they portrayed holden as the only brand with problem cars, there was not one mention of other brands etc,

the manager at one of the places i work at has a ve omega, and from day 1 shes had issues, shes sick of the problems but still loves the car, like problems such as the car leaking leaving 4-5 inches deep water inside it > needing the carpet replaced, abs faults etc