Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How long did your brakes last ?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
My Redline is on 30k and the pads look like new. I've had VE's and VF's that have gone up to 80k with same pads.

My wife on the other hand slaughters brakes, and barely gets 20-25k out of front pads (whatever car she drives). It has everything to do with your driving style

Or where you drive...
Hwy vs city traffic...

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
My wife on the other hand slaughters brakes, and barely gets 20-25k out of front pads

Mine too..I can't seem to get through to her that there is zero point accelerating up to a red light, or cars stopped at said light and then jamming the brakes on, rather than coasting to a gentle stop. Shiits me no end..

Don't even start me on pothole avoidance..

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Mine too..I can't seem to get through to her that there is zero point accelerating up to a red light, or cars stopped at said light and then jamming the brakes on, rather than coasting to a gentle stop. Shiits me no end..

My Mrs smashes throttle and brakes. Wonders why some much fuel and so little tyre and brake life. Won't listen though.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
Won't listen though.

Let me guess..If she's anything like mine..you'd be the worst prick in the world for suggesting she change her habits though..?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Let me guess..If she's anything like mine..you'd be the worst prick in the world for suggesting she change her habits though..?

Indeed....and apparently I drive like a Nana.....coz smooth.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

Gees, this sounds familiar. My other half also brakes late for turns at intersections. Very heavy handed compared to me.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gees, this sounds familiar. My other half also brakes late for turns at intersections. Very heavy handed compared to me.

Yeah, they don't seem to have a very strong grasp on the benefits of mechanical sympathy do they...

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...

Hahaha. They seem to aim for the potholes. See one...steer towards it.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
All so true and for some reason "one lady owner" is apparently a positive on used car ad's.
My favourite is when you drive their car for the first time in months and it's making some terrible noise and they say "oh yeah, it's been making that noise for a while now"

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I think the difference is that we car enthusiasts understand exactly what is going on mechanically every time we drive. Women just think "petrol and go"