Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how long do your front brake pads last??

admir87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais
how many kms/months are people getting out of their front brake pads, and which type of pads are been used?

I seem to be getting a persistant 10months out of them(close to 20000km)

bendix heavy duty always used

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
cheapo repco specials 30000km and climbing and they get used a lot not too bad for $28 :D

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
how heavy is your foot, totally depends on driving style, ive seen manuals with 250,000km on a set of discs and pads

admir87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais
how heavy is your foot, totally depends on driving style, ive seen manuals with 250,000km on a set of discs and pads

dont drive this car hard..

250,000km wow!!!

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
some people love using gears to slow down rather than brakes.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
12 months cheap pads standard rotors ,3 months cheap pads slotted rotors im heavy on the brakes though.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I get about 6-12 months out of a set of pads on my VS,I use the gears to slow down,(its an auto),and I drive it fairly quickly,I like to "stand it up on its nose" under brakes so to speak,so they pretty much cop a flogging.This is only around town though,Ive found that if you jump on them hard at anything over 120 km/h,the pads will last a couple of months at the most.Metal king pads seem to be able to handle the higher speeds better.I use bendix or ferodo brand pads.I cant seen to get metal king pads any more in my area.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
#### you guys are hard on brakes. i put new pads (semi metalic's) in the VN (manual) when i bought it and there still in there now, some 60,000 km's later and they cop a hiding sometimes as well.

i overhauled the VS (auto) front callipers and fitted new pads about 40,000km's ago and they will be up for replacement soon i think. my missus is hard on the brakes (and the loud pedal). when i drive it, i change it manually though. the VS has bendix pads, not sure exactly which ones though

Chappo_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Ute V6 1996
I replaced the Ferodo pads in my VS (six cyl. auto) a couple of months ago. They had been in two years. I average around 20,000 km per year. (Can't tell you for sure at the moment because the odometer needs a new cog, since July last year). The ones before this set lasted around two years as well.
I reckon I brake normally. I don't tramp on them late into corners anyway.

I bought the Caliber brand this time. It said on the box they are made by Bendix and don't produce much dust. They are better than the Ferodos in the dust department. I thought the Ferodos were bad for dust.

Cheers.