Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how long does it take a battery to go flat

vs_commy5506

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS BT1 Commodore
Was just wondering approx how long it would take for a battery to go flat with the ignition on listening to a cd player at about mid volume?

just a random question

Cheers

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
Its a very general question your asking, for one are you using the stock cd player with stocker speakers and no amps, or have you upgraded your sound system a bit? any other added accessories? Battery? stock or aftermarket? CCA rating?

being a random question with too many variables i will say 8 hours.

vs_commy5506

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS BT1 Commodore
Its a very general question your asking, for one are you using the stock cd player with stocker speakers and no amps, or have you upgraded your sound system a bit? any other added accessories? Battery? stock or aftermarket? CCA rating?

being a random question with too many variables i will say 8 hours.

i have a kenwood cd player but all speakers are stock no amp

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
a good battery willlast 8 hours no worries, a kmart exceedy crap thing will not last as long. But there are alot of varibales, the temperature will even affect how long it lasts.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I would expect even more than that. Several times I've worked all day on my car with the doors open (interior lights on) and the radio playing, and that's with amps and a sub. When I've finished the car has always turned over and started without even a hint of being low on juice.

I'd say if your battery is in a good state then it could go for 24hrs+

vs_commy5506

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS BT1 Commodore
I would expect even more than that. Several times I've worked all day on my car with the doors open (interior lights on) and the radio playing, and that's with amps and a sub. When I've finished the car has always turned over and started without even a hint of being low on juice.

I'd say if your battery is in a good state then it could go for 24hrs+

thanks alot guys! now i dont have to worry about leaving my cd player on when working on my car.