Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how long have you dragged it out for???

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
no this thread is not about racing or any crap like that,
i just want to see how long people have delayed the inevitable.

basicly i was been a dick on my suzuki rgv, back in september, got caught by mr highway patrol, which meant it was a couple of points and a susepsion of licence cause of the speed i was doin,

but the point of all this is, i already knew i was goin away in may so i tried to make it till then, before the suspension started, didnt quite get there as the suspension started this week,
but i was pretty happy that i dragged it out so long (approx 8 months)without goin to court or increasing the fine, so all this means is im only in australia for 3 weeks of my suspension:dance:

anyone else done similar?????

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
Nothing major, and not for a long time, but I guess something relatively similar. Back in grade 9, me and a couple of friends kept delaying doing a performance thing in our english class, using the excuse that all these other people were involved in it as well, and at least one of them was always away from school heh. We managed to push it back long enough for the end of term to come around and run out of time, so we all got given B's based on our average grades up until then :p

PS: The dolphin's splashing, gettin' ev'rybody all wet, but this ain't seaworld, this is real as it gets ;)

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
some interesting storys, i like the draging it out one for speeding,

when i was in the navy as a young fella, we had to often do ships husbandry, basicaly removing rust treating the surface and re-painting it with flash paint. cause i thought this was degrading to my job title, i decided to make it look like i was doing something important.

basicaly i walked around the ship (hmas brisbane now decomisioned) for 2 weeks with a clip board and a peice of paper, i had on the peice of paper im diong nothing writen in nice big black writing. i got away with it, got so bored after doing it for 2 weeks, i went and did the painting after all.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
paying the rego on my lexcen when i had it, left it to the last day, then the car didnt pass so i freaked, now i do it a month early. i used to be terrified of doing speeches also, so id put them off as long as possible, for months hoping theyd give up asking and just fail me for it.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
basicaly i walked around the ship (hmas brisbane now decomisioned) for 2 weeks with a clip board and a peice of paper, i had on the peice of paper im diong nothing writen in nice big black writing. i got away with it, got so bored after doing it for 2 weeks, i went and did the painting after all.

ha thats similar to what i do somethimes, but i find the day drags on to long, unfortunatly sometimes its easiler just doin the work

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I'm the master of this. We used to see how long we could sit at school without writing a word. I'd go for a couple of weeks doing that no problem. I also tried to go right through school without ever doing homework unsure why but I just didn't beleive in it or it was some kind of personal challenge, It just got too hard for me mid way through year 12 playing by my rules so I quit :) but that wasn't a bad effort making it that far considering the percentage hit I used to take on my marks each year for homework incomplete, I pretty much had to make perfect scores in the final exams just to pass some subjects :S I scored a perfect 100 in the final math exam of yr 11 :D to get me over the line I remember that. But yeah, I went to get my license renewed 2 years ago with a letter that said I just had to pay rather than get a new photo. I'd just come from work and was full of oil and grease so I said nah listen....... this says I don't need a new card, the girl insisted so I said ok whatever here's the money I'll come back later. Of course I wasn't going to be told I had to have the photo done by her when I allready had a letter to say I didn't so with this debate shes set me another challange, but now I have to keep doing radical maneuvers shooting up side roads to avoiding getting pulled over or the cops will make me go get my card done and fine me probably and I'll loose. I'm just trying to hold out until 2010 when the next one is due and then I am back on my real photo schedule fair and square no bullshit :D this woman has caused me a whole drama since I can't actually use my license for anything useful anymore :p I have to use some slight of hand trickery just to enter the drags etc but so far so good but it really is a bit **** since I feel like a criminal when I didn't do anything wrong :)

Last edited:

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
i had something similer to this happen to me but it didnt work in my favour... back in my younger and stupid days i was one of the first to get done under the nsw hoon laws my car was impounded immediately and i had to go to court for it, they set the court date for a week after but it was ajurned because of lack of evidence from the police, so 3 months after that i had to go to court again where they took my licence and car for 6 months... from that date so all up the caprice was away for 9 months... all that for a miniscule loss of traction turning onto a highway where there was loose gravel on the road from roadworks...

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I don't agree with the wheelspin laws being used like that, sure if you are holding a static burnout on the street then fair enough but for little wheepsin that you have full control over, that is bullshit, that happens 100 times a day. The key is you use tyres that have no sound

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
i really thought i was gunna get off for it hey, wasnt deliberate, and i had pics of the intersection with gravel all over it and the cops said there were 20m marks on the road which was bullshit coz i took pics of the road the next morning and there were no marks except for the marks trucks leave when turning corners... i think they just wanted to make an example out of me because it was when the laws were first introduced

EGG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE
I once changed jobs at my old work, and my manager was away, so left the paperwork to my supervisor. In short it didn't get done and I knew that, so I thought I'd try to see how long it'd be before someone realised I wasn't meant to be in the building (security pass was due to expire in ~2 months and wouldn't be renewed if I wasn't on the payroll). I had cash to keep me going, and knew they'd backpay me at some point. At any rate after 5 weeks my manager asked:

boss: "actually I don't remember seeing your payroll stuff?"
me: "yeah i don't think it got done"
boss: "so you haven't been paid?"
me: "yeah i was trying to see how long i could last"
boss: "you didn't think to tell anyone?"
me: "i told my mate when we were having a beer, he thought it was pretty funny"
boss: "he wouldn't have thought it was funny when he had to start paying for your beer"