Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How Long Have You Owned Your VN?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
How long have people had a VN for?

In October the green machine (wagon) will turn 18 and I'll have owned it for every one of them.

The 91 VN V8 I will have owned for just 1 year next month - I am the third owner for this sedan.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Cool history. Did it have the kit on it or did you do it all?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Nah I did it all. The only things that were on the car were the wheels and the 2 subs that are still in it, all the speakers were stock when I got it.

I've spent heaps on getting it to mechanical A1 condition as well, mostly before it went to Regency cause I wanted to make sure there were no leaks what so ever etc.

It was Regency that made the decision for me to keep the car for many years to come. I've spent thousands to get it into great mechanical condition, so why sell it now? :thumbsup:

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Ive had my car for 1 yr and 4 months now and havnt had 1 problem with it yet:) Still running sweet as. The only money ive spent on it is doing it up(wheels, exhaust etc...)

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Since March28th 2004 when I was 15 :) I'm the 3rd ownder from what I know.

Cheers
MaT

YMY-88U

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VH SL/E
since 25th april 2005 when i was 14, i think i am the third owner

flyen

bye bye
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
i've had my vn for 2 years
it was 100% stock when i got it

proberly spent way too much money on it but its looking good now so i'm happy with it.

i almost sold it at the start of the year for a vnss but realised i cant afford a v8 yet. Dont plan to spend much more money on it because its just a v6.

check the link to see hows it's changed

RobMooar

Reaction score
Members Ride
_
I've owned my 1991 VN manual for 3 weeks with absolutely no regrets.. I think I'll keep this one for a while

chopsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2/ Original XRGT
I've owned my 91"S2VN for about 2 years i got it off my oldies who brought it when it was 12 months old.The only reason they brought it second hand is cause it had a brandnew motor put in it and it was from a friends Car Yard.Thats why i've decided to keep it and do it up as not only is it on gas but i know what the car has done.Alot of people reckon i'm mad for the $ i've spent and the $ i will be spending on it to finnish off what of started but i say stuff em i love me VN and i plan on keepin it for a few years.Anyway if you like your car and want to spend the money on it go hard or go home.