Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how long should my 02 sensors last?

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
hey fellas i brought a ve calais 6.0 about a week ago and it seem to use a fair bit of fuel, averages around 17 ltrs per 100 ks, its done 86000ks and i looked at the 02 sensors and they look like they have never been changed, so my question is how long are they designed to last from factory? could a faulty 02 sensor be my fuel problem? ive checked the afm and air filter and they basically look brand new clean as a whistle

all help much appreciated

cheers ricky

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
Average ks is about 38

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
And I know it's not WAY put there but just a bit confusing when I see everyone else posting about 13.8 and I know it's a v8 I didn't buy it for ecconomy but I though it would be better than this

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
Yea about 70 30 but again I thought being a six speed it would be better than my vt ls1 which only uses about 14 around town

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
Nope none what so ever. It will have next week though

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
2001 HSV VXII Clubsport R8, Cam & Heads, OTR, Full exhaust, tune, 306.7rwkw + 130,000km on the clock with the same O2's.

Having said the above I have a mate of mine that has gone through 3 set's of O2's in less than 50,000kms, so it's hard to say how long they should last.