Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cptn_Cleetis

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 WH statesman
Hey all, just was sitting looking at my borderline sexual masterpiece (WH statesman) and reminded myself that she has 290,000 on the clock but been sitting around for a bit now...how long do we think she has left in her?(stock Ecotec which hasn't been "thrashed" but had a bit of foot down here and there)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
5k services with quality oil and they can go to 500k.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Isn't it the same engine that taxis got like 1 million km from?

Servicing and mechanical sympathy is the key to longevity

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Hey all, just was sitting looking at my borderline sexual masterpiece (WH statesman) and reminded myself that she has 290,000 on the clock but been sitting around for a bit now...how long do we think she has left in her?(stock Ecotec which hasn't been "thrashed" but had a bit of foot down here and there)
Do a compression test to see where your at with it. If all cylinders are well within spec then you know you’ve still got plenty of life left on the bottom end of the motor. The Ecotec/Buick 3800 was one of the best engines ever designed from a longevity standpoint. They basically go forever with hardly any major issues.