Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How loud can i crank it?

MG's VH Wag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Exec
Hi guys, i have two Kenwood 1200watt subs running on a 1000watt mono block amp with pioneer head deck and i am wondering how loud can i crank it without wrecking the subs. I have only had the volume up to 25 and it feels like my heads gonna pop lol. The head deck goes up to 63 which is max volume. When i have it on 25 the subs don't push in and out of the box that far but it may just be because the box is sealed. Can anyone give me any advice i dont wanna wreck my subs or amp.

Cheers!

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Hi Mate,
I don't think anyone can tell you how much you can crank your gear. It depends on how the system is tuned ie. your gains on the amp, settings on ur head unit etc. Someone like Holdenboy will prob inform you more. Like if a car audio installer tuned your gear, they may set it to 25 on ur headunit and then from their they adjusted ur amps (possibility). Don't think you'll get a answer your looking for.. too many factors involved, my suggestion is to take it to a car audio guy to set ur gear up and tell you how far to turn it, otherwise you could listen to the system yourself and decide how much you want to push the gear, if you hear distortion take it back two clicks (if you trust yourself, I don't trust myself so I got someone to do it for me)

hellbound

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn Executive
your best bet is to play around with the settings on the amp and if you still dont get what your looking for get a pro to do it.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I just realised that your speakers are running from your head unit... Does your sub blend well with your speakers or is it too loud compared to the speakers?

Since you're not running a speaker amp, the sub amp gains do need to be set to balance with the speakers running from the head unit. So if it's already balanced enough, don't worry about changing it.