Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How loud's too loud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitey152

cruzen
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 vs berlina
if its too loud your to old? lol joking :D

but with music i have it loud sometimes.But on main roads and streets where theres alot of people
i turn it down i feel kinda like a tool

but with my exhaust i give it a lil squirt and old people give me the dirtiest looks:w00t:

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
However loud you want it. I don't get why people get so worked up over other peoples loud music when it doesn't really effect them.

I don't play my music so loud that it makes your ears bleed because I prefer it semi-loud so that I can still hear all the noises my car makes and the cars/road around me.

I have mates that play there music so loud you can't talk inside the car but that's their choice.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
do what makes you happy, not what makes other people happy. people need to stop bitching. not only about this, but about everything. it's as if your loud music or exhaust is somehow affecting their life if they can hear it when they are driving next to you. it's all bullshit.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
If you were playing metal or rock at least i'd say yea go for it, otherwise no :p

In my VR i had music always cranked unless someone was in the car, never had any trouble by the cops and saved some idiots who went to change lanes when i was coming along their insurance excess... Kept my vehicle safer and saved me time off the road from morons that dont do headchecks.

But you must remember music does sound different outside the car, i drove through broadmeadows going to my gf's (at the time) place, rocked up with ACDC music blaring, apparently it sounded like Arabic music :S Although that gf used to like turning up the music on certain songs much higher than i had it! She must've been deaf!

BTW, if he's threatened you saying your "going to get it" make sure you report that to police. Tell them you dont want it taken any further but for it to be down on file. That way if something happens they will get looked at.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Whenever there are other cars around I always turn it down. I figure I have no right to force everyone around me to listen to the music I like.
On the highway/long trips I usually have it cranked coz even if another car goes past they will only be in earshot for a split second.
In areas like the city or chapel st etc I find myself turning the music right down so that I don't look like one of the other tossers cruising down there

Macca177

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V8
I would think the music isn't too loud when you hear the other car horn (Unless it was a Train). That then would be when i suggest its likely to be a tad too loud if you couldn't. Like anything there's a time and a place.

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
137.5db in a vt wagon and it wasn't lond enough lol the mrs could hear me coming a bit over a k away lol when we tuned it I felt nautious for an hour ofter

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
i like mine loud. like yeah stuff rattles and you cant really talk. But thats how i want it, so thats how ill have it.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
I like mine loud as when crusing the highways and what not , but around town or when others are in the car turn it down so i dont look like a tool :bang:

Justin220

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 M6
haha, seems most of you feel uncomfortable for the louder guy, definitely in the highway I dont care nobody else. Except obsession for music, actually I wanna it loud to prevent me from falling asleep, and for another, it's still honeymoon with my new little Eonon stereo, I like it very much, maybe its kinda fresh stuff to me and showing off. lololo~ However, I won't refuse your good suggustion, turn it down in the crowd, but I'll still enjoy when few people outa there like in the highway or when in the midnight(if possible). Life is short! Let me get freedom sometimes!!! Don't you think it's a good idea? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.