Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How loud's too loud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin220

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 M6
I've been yelled at before because my systems too loud in my subdevision. I have just got a new eonon stereo. I really enjoy playing hip-hop and rock loudly, make me excited! Im a new i can deal with that. But cruising down the main road today i had it loud, however i like it. Theres a guy in the turning lane when im going straight who honks at me, so being an idiot i honk back as i cruise by. I get back from the store and he pulls up in my driveway and tells me he knows people and im "gonna get it" my question is this...Do you guys think it needs to be turned down unless your the only person on the road? I keep it down in the subdevision cus i know its not a good idea but on the main road? Thats going a little far IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I personally think that if it is loud enough for other motorists to hear then its too loud. Have a bit of consideration for other drivers, theres also the safety aspect of it, if its too loud you aren't going to hear sirens etc. If someone beeped their horn at you because it was too loud I have absolutely no doubt it was way too loud.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
It makes me laugh when people drive past with all their windows down and the seats laid right back and the music up so loud that everyone can hear it. I don't think they know how stupid it looks really.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
There is a **** for brains down my road who drives a Skyline (the old square things that shared the body with the Pintara in the late 80's).

He likes doof doof and plays it so loud, you can hear him coming from inside our loungeroom, about five seconds before he reaches the house.

If you like it that loud, you will soon need it louder, because your ear drums will be located about six inches closer to each other from the sound pressure.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
it's to loud if i can hear it in my car...im completely against it after some stupid woman had music blaring and caused an accident with a firey.

in saying that...at home it's on full :p but i like my old rock the only good sounding music :whistling

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
It makes me laugh when people drive past with all their windows down and the seats laid right back and the music up so loud that everyone can hear it. I don't think they know how stupid it looks really.
i'd put it in the same league as people who put chev badges on their car

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I've been yelled at before because my systems too loud in my subdevision.

maybe they yelled because they thought if you had to have the music that loud then you must obviously be deaf. ;)

i would say that it's too loud if anyone outside your car can hear it

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
There is a **** for brains down my road who drives a Skyline (the old square things that shared the body with the Pintara in the late 80's).

He likes doof doof and plays it so loud, you can hear him coming from inside our loungeroom, about five seconds before he reaches the house.

If you like it that loud, you will soon need it louder, because your ear drums will be located about six inches closer to each other from the sound pressure.

I'm with you, when they're partially deaf at 35, I'll be laughing my arse off. Too bad they won't be able to hear me :(

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
i hate it when someone drives down the street with music so loud that everyone can hear it because they're the ones that normally have **** taste in music

Status
Not open for further replies.