Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How low can i go ?

lowerdVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ acclaim
I have a 2006 VZ acclaim. just starting to modify it. got a quote for springs and shortened shoskcs. Just wondering to those who have thorough knowledge as i have heard many different answers, WILL my car be LEGAL if i have SL king springs up front and SSL king springs on rears ? also planning to put 19's on but currently riding on the 15' standarad alloys. Will it be legal with the alloys and these springs ? also riding on pedders shortened shocks

Also if any has any pics please post

thanks

Last edited:

Gus

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Acclaim
Yes it will be legal.

I'm using Ultra Lows (SSSL) front and rear on 19" wheels. Ride quality is fine as well.
But yeah i haven't had any problems at all from the boys in blue.

lowerdVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ acclaim
okay well thats good to know, hopefully going in some time next week, then the rims. you got your guards rolled, or going to ?

lowerdVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ acclaim
car looks mega sweet as well ! might consider getting those wheels to, either those or 20' super sports.

Gus

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Acclaim
Hey mate,

Cheers, and no i don't have them rolled and haven't had any problems since.
Actually considering going lower in the rear but i'm going to see how it sits after the subs are in.

lowerdVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ acclaim
far out lower in the rear, would look pretty sweet though, i dont want to go too low at the moment becuase im only rolling on the stock standard 15" alloys currently. what you think about putting black wheels on my car, i have the bluish greyish colur of the acclaim ?

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
i dont think it will be legal...any change to your suspension besides stock is illegal...lol SSL is deff not goin to be legal buddy been ther done that

Edit:
heres my calais with SL up front and SSL rears..all pedders stuff as you can see...not legal

20062008318.jpg

lowerdVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ acclaim
any change to suspension not legal ? are you serious mate. as long as its a coke can off the ground its legal.

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
yeh tell that to the cop i doubt he will give a ****.. if their measurements dont match with ther knowledge or ther little book.. sticker for you..but hey we all mod our cars and its a risk we all take..we know its a risk but we do it anyway cause its a 50/50 we will get caught

lowerdVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ acclaim
yeah well i guess i can just chuck them in and see how they go. your calalias looks ####ing mint anyways. but also saying that mine is a vz and yours is a vt, so yeah guess il just have to wait and see