Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How Low Can I leagally go

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Insurance just requires the car to be street legal, but it can get complicated. If any modification contributed to a reason for a claim, they may knock it back, legal or not.

100mm is the general rule of thumb, but it is actually measured at your headlights. The centre of the headlight has to be at least 600mm from the ground for pre 1990 and 575mm post 1990....I think....

Now i'm curious, i just had my windows tinted at 5%, so being illeagal, if it was involved in an accident, could my insurance company do anything??

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
I believe kings superlows are the lowest legal height.

To the OP, just remember... There's a few things to consider. Height from lowest point, which is a definite. There is also a further rule being, your suspension MUST maintain at least 2/3 of it's original travel, I think it is. In which case, to have shocks that capture superlows properly, I'm fairly sure shortens their throw length too much to be legal.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Now i'm curious, i just had my windows tinted at 5%, so being illeagal, if it was involved in an accident, could my insurance company do anything??

Only if the tint caused the crash.

that cant be true? that means you could have the front 4x4 styles and the ass end like james' VT

It still has to be a minimum off the ground too.