Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How Low Can I leagally go

groberr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr equipe
hey guys justt wondering how low i can leagally lower my car. as in still be fine with insurance and all that stuff

btw i did use the search function but i couldnt find the exact answer i was looking for

cheers in advance

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
100mm at any point under the car

generally superlows are the perfect legal height.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Yep...what he said ^^^^

100mm from the lowest point of the car to the ground.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
But he did say it has to fit the bill with his insurance. You may want to look at your policy very closely before doing anything at all. All it takes is for one assessor to look at your written-off vehicle and find something that you had not informed them of, and find a way to link it to the accident... And guess who foots the bill?

Legally, 100mm to the ground as far as I know. According to your insurance though, you will have to speak to them yourself.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
can depend on your state..........

groberr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr equipe
ahk thanks for your help guys i dont planning on going any lower than superlows anyway. on the insurance issue my car is actually in my mums name with full comp. but yeh probally would be worth giving them a call too be 100 percent incase i get into a prang and get left with nothing lol

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Insurance just requires the car to be street legal, but it can get complicated. If any modification contributed to a reason for a claim, they may knock it back, legal or not.

100mm is the general rule of thumb, but it is actually measured at your headlights. The centre of the headlight has to be at least 600mm from the ground for pre 1990 and 575mm post 1990....I think....

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Insurance just requires the car to be street legal, but it can get complicated. If any modification contributed to a reason for a claim, they may knock it back, legal or not.

100mm is the general rule of thumb, but it is actually measured at your headlights. The centre of the headlight has to be at least 600mm from the ground for pre 1990 and 575mm post 1990....I think....

that cant be true? that means you could have the front 4x4 styles and the ass end like james' VT

Dan VS 231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Senator
I believe kings superlows are the lowest legal height. For me and mine they are low enough and do the job nicely being a good mix between being low and still riding pretty decently.