Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How low can you go? (fuel economy)

burnsy150

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 96 acclaim
think i do well listening savage haha..
have a search around bout vs o2 sensors and you'll soon find out about what i meant by cutting the pink wire..

but
1. how would i check temp sensor is accurate?
2. o2 sensors are brand spankin new
3. think ill chuck in a new thermostat

would a foam tune even have any benefits on a bog stock car..

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
think i do well listening savage haha..
have a search around bout vs o2 sensors and you'll soon find out about what i meant by cutting the pink wire..

but
1. how would i check temp sensor is accurate?
2. o2 sensors are brand spankin new
3. think ill chuck in a new thermostat

would a foam tune even have any benefits on a bog stock car..

no probs mate

1. not sure, but I dare say if it's on the gauge during driving you're in the right sort of temperature range.
2. good
3. always worthwhile if it hasn't had one in a few years

Sam

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
Getting 7.5L/100km sitting roughly on 100km/h after receiving foamy's tune, and great power when I give it to it.
YAY

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Getting 7.5L/100km sitting roughly on 100km/h after receiving foamy's tune, and great power when I give it to it.
YAY
Yeah looking @ getting a foam tune aswell!! Hopefully it will help out a little!!

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
along with new O2 sensor, leads, plugs, fuel filter, CAI, K+N, 2.5 Cat back, wheel alignment, Tyre pressure etc (off the top of my head) lol. But yeah, Foamy's tune did make a big difference because it was around 8.9L ish/100km same speed just cruising. I wonder what it will be like when I deiced to get some extractors, even better I hope! lol.

terry1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Berlina Commodore
i got a vr v6 and no engin mods normal fuel and i average around 7.9 cruising on 100 or so and around 9-10 for town but it drinks alot when comming up to the crusing through first and second like 22-25

Nzpure

VS L67
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Vs Supa6
well i have cold air kit hi flow filter factory exhaust bar 1 muffler on a lowered wagon and 20ltrs gets me about 300kms around town which is usually all i do an im not light on the pedal at all.. but i have only ownd the car for 6 months an have done 2 full services including diff oil change and full trans flush an gasket 1st with the genuine stuff an then this new stuff we got at work thats ment to be better.
ill do a propper test to give u my ltrs per 100km
my question to the guy getting 15ltrs per 100kms is do u have one of those stupid 155kw memcals...i work for a holden dealership and the auto sparkies have told me those chips tell the computer to hold gear longer and increase the mixture ie very little power increase massive gas cosumption increase just a heads up..

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Hi Nzpure,
Tell me more.
18l/100k around town.
1997 vs2 wagon.

capitalgainz

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 berlina gen3
ok too get perfect fuel economy
get lower gear ratios such as 3:45 3:5 3:6 because your using less effort too take off this is perfect for town cruising. a 450bhp 355 stroker went from 200km from a 68 lt tank too 400ks to 68 lt using 3:6 from 2:7. a free breathing filter and lean out those mixtures. from sprints you could buy this fuel thing that joins on the lines not sure if it works but hey give it a go. new plugs and makeing sure the earth has good connection. perfect alignment and ballance of wheels. new plugs. a lighter oil or at least a clean engine. make sure the polution gear is in excellent working order and run clean fuel with a clean filter it all adds up

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
well i have cold air kit hi flow filter factory exhaust bar 1 muffler on a lowered wagon and 20ltrs gets me about 300kms around town which is usually all i do an im not light on the pedal at all.. but i have only ownd the car for 6 months an have done 2 full services including diff oil change and full trans flush an gasket 1st with the genuine stuff an then this new stuff we got at work thats ment to be better.
ill do a propper test to give u my ltrs per 100km
my question to the guy getting 15ltrs per 100kms is do u have one of those stupid 155kw memcals...i work for a holden dealership and the auto sparkies have told me those chips tell the computer to hold gear longer and increase the mixture ie very little power increase massive gas cosumption increase just a heads up..

you'll find most of the tunes that are done from members on this site don't really play with the fueling in the cruise area's of the fuel map. mostly WOT is enriched some and if anything it's leaned out a little at cruise. also with good fuel you can play alittle with the ignition maps and get better economy there. not many people do ecotecs at all. most of the stuff sold on trade me in NZ are copies of HSV tunes and are seriously overpriced. if your intrested in a V6 VN/VP HSV tune i could do it for considerably less then whats been offered on trade me. don't do ecotecs (yet). no doubt working for a holden dealer you have had the car on the tech2 at work and your O2 sensors are working correctly as are all the other sensors. your car is probably in better workingcondition then many. the VS had a few issues that no doubt the sparkies at your dealership know how to diagnose and fix